A new bilingual primary and elementary school is looking for a passionate person to handle the role of school principal as soon as possible. Are you willing to help a startup establish a role model school program ?
Terms of Reference
Position : School Principal Location : Dakar,Senegal
Works in Close Coordination with: Director, Recruitment Director, Communication Consultant and Financial Consultant
- Establish an academic program that meets the educational needs of each student.
- Implementation of the school’s curriculum
- Research new resources and techniques to improve teaching
- Provide guidance and counseling to teachers
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for instigating, facilitating and expanding the school’s educational and cultural mission by creating/developing, contracting and coordinating informal hands-on learning programs for students including:
- Afterschool/Vacation/Camp programming
- Makerspaces (quarterly)
- Children’s Exhibitions (quarterly)
- Write and design text and materials to be used in exhibitions, programs for on and off-site audiences. This may include (but not limited to) children’s guides, resource kits for teachers and other didactic material.
- Responsible for the development of students programming, in particular lab/High tech programming.
- Support in the creation of open source materials.
- In conjunction with the Director, support the development, implementation and oversight of a comprehensive program schedule.
- Responsibility for audience development of students through targeted activities, responsive to the needs of the school’s visitors, including schools.
- Outreach and liaison with the educational community, including public and private primary, secondary and non formal educational settings.
- Oversee the delivery of programs and exhibits with particular attention to the maintenance of high quality facilitator/child/visitor interaction.
- Support the Director in developing partnership programs.
- Work with the Communications team to make sure programs are appropriately communicated.
- Work with the Recruitment Director, Finance Consultant to develop budgets for activities and programs (e.g. vacation, school visits, Saturday programs, daily programs, etc.)
- Oversight of the school’s program teams during programming and special events.
Program Evaluation and Documentation
- Work closely with the Director and Recruitment Director to organize regular evaluations of the school’s informal learning opportunities.
- Organize and support evaluation and impact assessment of programs, including those delivered through partners and/or outside facilitators.
- Support in developing pedagogical approaches
- Develop Curriculum/toolkits for schools and partners.
- Development of evaluation tools and materials to evaluate children’s growth and development.
- Fluent in English and French;
- Relevant experience working with children in formal and non formal educational settings.
- Majors or potential majors in Education or social science preferred. Master’s degree or Master’s coursework in Education a plus
- Dynamic, able to adapt to changing environments, cross cultural sensitivity, able to multitask and work under pressure.
- Strong customer relations skills.
- Strong computer and Internet research skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff.
- Team Player, Problem Solver and Active Track Record of Professional
- Passionate about diversity and multilingual environments and a firm believer in African youth as changemakers.
- Fierce belief (and patience) in start-up cultures as learning organizations.
- Trimester Updates
- Program Updates
- Required Meetings
- Biweekly with Leadership Team
Interested candidates can send their CV at the address below.
Application deadline: 20 October 2021.