WFP is hiring a Driver
Assisting almost 100 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. Our mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Regional Bureaux (RBs), Country Offices (COs) and Field Office Job holders report to the Administration Officer and drive light vehicles, trucks, vans, motorcycles, or any other type of land transport.
Purpose of the assignment
To provide efficient and safe transportation of authorized personnel and/or commodities.
What will you do at this position
- Provide transportation of authorized personnel including translation of basic conversations from/to the local language, and/or delivery of various items/commodities following authorized routing and UN safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services.
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival to the authorised destinations.
- Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the supervisor on mechanical status, to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
- Responsible that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good condition including all equipment, the maintenance is done on time, vehicle is fully equipped with required travel authorisations and supplies, and any mechanical issues are reported to the supervisor to ensure safe and efficient services.
- Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
- Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required including delivery/collection of various items, mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bills to ensure administrative support to clients.
Standard minimum academic qualification
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license/certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations.
Experience: Two or more years of work experience as a Driver, preferably in an international organization, embassy, or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans, trucks, and other kinds of motorised vehicles. Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads/waterways and conditions, and security issues.
- Knowledge of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters.
- Knowledge of driving/boat operating rules and regulations whichever applicable.
- Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, buoyant wearable safety devices, etc.).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
- Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone, and other applications.
- Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, and tact.
Saving & changing lives Make a difference, the world will notice. We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
Global community Build bridges that unite people across the world. Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to innovative ideas and perspectives. How we deliver our mission in deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
Unlimited possibilities Unlock possibilities you never thought you’d find. WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
Life-changing experience Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential. WFP offers the life-changing experiences you’re unlikely to find in many other organizations.
Join us to make a difference, watch this video to know more about us!!
Deadline for application is March 23, 2021
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter career5.successfactors.eu.