Site British Embassy Dakar
The British Embassy in Senegal hiring Driver
Main purpose of job: To drive Embassy Official Vehicles.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To drive official vehicles in accordance with the duties drawn by the HMRC Manager.
- Daily maintenance & cleanliness of vehicle.
- Maintain journey sheets with mileage and fuel purchases.
- Conduct a security check on vehicle for quick plant devices.
- Maintain the vehicle servicing and maintenance record book.
- Collect and deliver mail, clear and deliver diplomatic bags at the airport.
- Drive the Embassy staff for official journeys. Meet visitors when necessary and drive them if they have a program during their visits.
- Deputize for HMA’s Driver when he is on leave and look after vehicles.
- Assist in the vehicle registration process and for temporary admission requests.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure): One vehicle
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Five years of driving experience.
- Formal qualification is not a requirement, however, good English speaking and understanding skills are expected.
- A valid Senegalese driving licence.
- Language Proficiency : French and English
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Basic knowledge on Mechanic.
- Any working experience in multinational / multi-cultural companies, diplomatic missions.
- ‘’can do’’ attitude.
Application deadline: 14 December 2020