Ecobank Sénégal is hiring a Corporate Banker Oil & Gas Specialist
- To originate banking transactions within the Oil & Gas (upstream, midstream & downstream) industry and its
entire value-chain in Senegal and the Francophone West Afric(UEMOA) Region
- Effectively support Relationship Manager of existing portfolio, support the onboarding of prospects and
coordinate marketing plan and execution of banking solutions to derive revenue in Senegal and the UEMOA
region for Oil & Gas, in profitable and cost-effective manner.
- To ensure the overall supervision of the Region business by leading the industry strategy, Target Market
setting, sales/revenue and analytical momentum, through origination of sound transactions and business,
creation of streamlined processes, structuring and analysis.
- To execute within the Region the role of Lending Officer working with RM, Risk, TSG under designated Risk
Sales and relationship management
- Act as Single Point of accountability for defined portfolio of Oil & Gas corporate customers and ensure
appropriate face-to-face coverage with key contacts in the UEMOregion.
- Conduct joint sales pitches with RM (Local, Regional and Global Account Managers, Coverage, CB Heads)
and Product Specialists (Cash-mgt, Trade, FICC) with emphasis on Value-Chain cross selling to increase
wallet share for Ecobank.
- Attain targeted sales goals, performance targets and customer satisfaction through the effective
management of resources.
- Build Oil & Gas Account Plans/briefing documents for the Corporate Bank (CB) and Commercial Bank (CMB)
teams and provide leadership to the RMs within UEMOthrough regular communication viconference
calls, online meeting or formal emails, clearly outlining key projects, opportunities, issues, products
transitions, pricing etc.
- Work with the relevant Group/Regional and Country CB&CMB Heads as well as Products Partners to
maintain and document an Oil & Gas account strategy which should, at minimum, include the following;
– Profile of client accounts including key business and financial drivers, geographic profile, business strategy and
-Profile of existing customer operations including regional strategic initiatives, supply chain map and customer/
-Thorough analysis of Ecobank’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats relative to the individual
account, provide summary of the business opportunities offered, critical success factors and associated
- Together with LAMs, review Account Plans for Oil & Gas Ecobank networked customers with view to
enhancing business volumes and earnings
- Leverage on the network Oil & Gas relationships to generate increased revenue across all product
spectrums for each client grouping
- Identify Oil & Gas business opportunities and engage with LAMs, GAMs, Coverage and Corporate Bank
Heads and Product Groups as well as Commercial Bank and Consumer teams to develop joint engagement
- Identify and drive marketing strategies and business opportunities throughout the entire Oil & Gas
ecosystem to drive pipeline growth and deal execution
- Understand specifically the Oil & Gas customer needs and provide products and services to satisfy client
needs and achieve strategic objectives.
- Leverage on other Ecobank Affiliates experience in the Oil & Gas sector (ex. Nigeriand Ghana) and create a
strong relationship with peers in these countries to ensure learnings/failures are converted into the right
opportunities for the UEMOregion
- Develop executive contact plan and arrange meetings with appropriate Ecobank GAMs and Coverage for HQ
- Support Capplication incorporating risk assessment of the customer group. This requires the candidate
to have good understanding/knowledge of the accounting and risks for the specific activities and the
financial arrangements/implications of broad spectrum of oil & gas ventures.
- Obtain approval of limit applications for constituents of Oil & Gas customer groups
- Ensure that all credit exposures to Oil & Gas customer groups are accurately recorded in all Bank credit
- Ensure that LAMs are aware of and fully understand, all terms of Group Application or Single CA, including
the parental support arrangement relative to the particular relationships.
- Ensure no loss of valued networked corporate relationships due to inefficiency.
Experience & Competencies
- At least 7 to 10-year experience including 5 years in the Oil & Gas upstream/midstream/downstream and its
value chain financing in bank or with consulting firm
- Good understanding of the Oil & Gas industry.
- Ability to interact and negotiate with client’s organizations at decision-making level
- Strong credit skills, structuring, lending experience required
- Customer focused & results orientated
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in relevant languages to the accounts assigned
- Ability to pull together various resources to sell and deliver customer solutions
- Good organizational and time management skills are highly desirable
- Inclusive, flexible, internationally savvy and sensitive to client culture.
- Bilingual speaking (English/French) is critical
Engineer/ Financial Analyst/ Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Business Administration, Oil & Gas specialized
formal training or related field of study.
- Cooperative working style and strong communication skills are required, in order to develop and maintain
effective working relationships both externally and internally, with colleagues on the ground in the affiliate, the Region and the Group Office.
- Self-starter capable of working on your own initiative;
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
Role may involve frequent travelling within the Ecobank network.
Closing date : 24 May 2020