Site US Embassy Dakar
The US Embassy Dakar hiring an Engineer
- Salary: 29,275,409 CFA/year
- Application deadline: 06 November 2021
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for maintaining all the components of the Embassy Compound Mechanical Systems including the building automation system, chiller plant, air handling units, variable air volume (VAV) system, potable water treatment plant and distribution system, sanitary sewage and storm water management systems, irrigation system, swimming pool equipment, and the oil water separator systems. Responsibilities include supervision of staff that maintains all mechanical equipment and systems throughout the Embassy office, residential, and ancillary buildings, and the grounds.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working as a project engineer at a manufacturing plant, major resort, hospital, office complex or a large university/school system managing a preventative maintenance program that incorporates and utilizes a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is required. In addition, the candidate must have a minimum of one year experience in management and supervising.
- English level IV (Fluent) Written/Speaking/Reading is required. French level IV (Fluent) Written/Speaking/Reading is required. (This may be tested)
- Completion of a four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, or similar engineering degree that is close in degree course requirements, from an accredited university program is required. To be acceptable, the curriculum must: (1) be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited or equivalent by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), or an equivalent host-country engineering board, as a professional engineering curriculum.
Skills and abilities
- The incumbent must be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings, riser diagrams, wiring schematics, various equipment schedules, and other construction documents.
- Must have good computer skills. Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Software suite package using MS Word, Office, Excel, Database entry, AutoCAD, and MS project.
- Must be proficient with mechanical engineering drafting, engineering management software, preparation, and maintenance of daily construction inspection logs.
- Must be capable of reviewing coordination design drawings for code compliance and be able to create mechanical engineering cost estimates and provide briefings to the senior managers.
- Must be skilled at drafting detailed and concise written reports in English for the senior managers.
- Must be able to work independently, with little or no supervision from the Facility Manager and develop short- and long-range work plans for self and others, prioritizing assignments based upon criticality and order of receipt.
- A driver’s license with a clean driving record is required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to handle a large workload and multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be highly organized.