Site Enko Education
Enko Education hiring English Language Teachers (English, Mathematics, Science).
Enko Waca Campus is seeking outstanding teachers for the upcoming school year. Enko Waca is an international school covering Grades 6 to 12 and offers the Senegalese and the International Baccalaureate curriculums.
About Enko Education
Enko Education is a fast-growing network of African international schools, preparing learners across Africa for admission to the world’s best universities. To that end, Enko Education develops an innovative education model relying on an internationally recognized curriculum, the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP).
By adopting an asset-light strategy and relying on extensively trained local teachers, Enko Education is able to operate with school fees which are on average a quarter of those charged by other IBDP schools in Africa.
The group opened its first school in September 2013 and now comprises fifteen schools in 9 countries (Senegal, Cameroon, Mozambique, Côte d’Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Botswana, Zambia and South Africa). Enko Education plans for a strong growth with an objective of 40 schools and 8000 students in the next 5 years.
Find out more about Enko Education and Enko Waca Campus : www.enkoeducation.com
Enko Waca Campus is opening the following teaching positions :
- English Teacher (language and Literature)*
- Math Teacher (English as language of instruction)*
- Science Teacher (English as language of instruction)*
*English as a mother tongue Language Competency
Scope of activity:
- Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students
- Plan and deliver schemes of work and lessons that meet the requirements of the programme
- Be a role model for students, inspiring them to be actively interested in the subject
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the school procedures, and encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behavior, standards of work and homework
- Lead, monitor and evaluate the assessment and feedback to students in line with whole school policy
- Supervise at least one CAS (Creativity – Action – Service) activity
- Be willing to be a homeroom teacher
- Communicate appropriately, with the parents of students and with people or bodies inside and outside the school
- Be keenly aware of the responsibility for safeguarding children and to help in the application of the Safeguarding and Safe Practices policy within the school
- Comply with the school’s Child Protection Policy in order to ensure the welfare of children and young persons
- Take part in marketing and liaison activities
- Play a full part in the life of the school community, to support its distinctive mission and ethos and to encourage staff and students to follow this example
- Be courteous to colleagues, visitors and telephone callers and provide a welcoming environment
- Undertake duties before the school day, at break, at the end of the lunch period and after the school day when required
- Attend meetings scheduled in the school calendar punctually
- Set cover work during any leave of absence
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Be a native speaker of English
- Have a minimum of 3 years teaching experience or working with youth in educational settings
- Experience in delivering international curricula such as the IB or Cambridge is an added advantage
- Minimum of a first degree in the subject area
- Have a sound knowledge of the subject and related pedagogy
- Be resilient and respond well to challenge
- Be a team player
What Enko Education offers:
- A thriving international and pan-African working environment
- Up to 100 hours of professional development training per year
- An enthusiastic, talented and motivated teacher team, led by an experienced Head of School
- Health insurance and tuition remission for an eligible minor child along
Successful applicants are to commence work on September 1st but may be asked to be available in August to participate in professional development before the start of the school year.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter enkoeducation.applytojob.com.