Site Enko Education
Enko Education is hiring a Chief of Staff.
Have you just graduated with a dynamic Master degree, or are you currently enjoying your first professional experience in a working environment driven by strong growth?
Do you thrive when you manage a project from end to end? Are you proud when things are well-structured, organized, timed and when commitments are respected? Are your colleagues telling you how helpful, insightful and caring you are despite time pressure and a workload that would make many others lose their calm and smile? Please carry on and discover the following job offer!
We are looking for a rockstar Chief of Staff to serve as a force multiplier to our CEO and leadership team. This is an intense, high-growth, high-visibility, and rewarding role that exposes you to all aspects of a fast-scaling organisation aiming to transform the African educational landscape. You will be the CEO’s right-hand (wo)man, managing group priorities (OKRs), overseeing cross-cutting group initiatives, leadership offsites, and keeping a pulse across all facets of the organisation.
Mission of the role
The Chief of Staff ensures the delivery of group priorities and projects. Roles to play:
- Initiator: Managing and following up emblematic, transversal and/or strategic projects; Facilitate key strategy discussions by supporting effective decision-making. Formalizing, proposing methodologies, leading debates within the Group;
- Implementer: Driving priorities to successful completion by supporting the elaboration, formalisation, cascading and monitoring of the group vision, strategy and priorities; Acquiring stakeholders buy-in by providing value.
- Administrator: Making the trains run on time by running the key leadership meetings/workshops (including Group Board Meetings and subcommittees). Establish agenda, ensure adequate preparation, animate the meeting, track and monitor follow-ups;
- Gatekeeper: Protecting the CEO’s time, taking unnecessary conversations off his plate. Serving as an information funnel, filter, and facilitator. Drafting key internal and institutional communications for the CEO (pitch, interviews, blogs, speeches).
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Chief of Staff works closely with the company’s leadership team and key stakeholders. He/she develops a unique understanding of the entire organisation at all levels to impulse-momentum, ensure alignment/focus, alert on risks, and fill the gap when needed.
The ideal candidate
As an ideal candidate you:
- Demonstrate a passion for Sub-Saharan Africa and share our excitement to offer top-notch education to the African middle-classes;
- Love to solve problems and run at them with urgency, data, and curiosity;
- Have a strong ownership mentality and can figure out things independently;
- Are extremely rigorous/organized, never misses a deadline and do not let things go;
- Have strong writing skills – you can formalise in a crisp, energizing way;
- Have strong interpersonal skills to represent perspectives, get buy-in and commitment from stakeholders;
- Speak English and French (a must), Portuguese is a plus;
Location and Date of start
The aim is to start this new role in September 2021 in Johannesburg, South Africa. Location during the Covid 19 pandemic is flexible.
About Enko Education
Enko Education is a fast-growing network of African international schools, increasing access to the world’s best universities for learners across Africa.
Enko Education has developed innovative programmes leading to globally recognized and sought after qualifications. We can offer those at a fraction of the cost charged by other international schools in Africa. Furthermore, Enko learners are supported in their higher education applications through our university guidance programme. It supports them in selecting the right universities and then securing both admission and financing for their studies. We offer an outstanding learning experience striving to educate our learners with Africa at heart and the world in mind.
The Enko Education model is showing impressive results, with learners joining top universities like Yale University (USA), Sciences Po (Fr), the University of Toronto (Canada), African Leadership University (Rwanda) and many more.
Enko Education’s network today includes 13 schools across 9 African countries and aims to reach 60 more schools in at least 20 African countries over the next five years. The group is funded by international institutions such as Proparco, I&P, OikoCredit, BIO, LiquidAfrica.
Closing date : 17 September 2021.