Site Institut Pasteur de Dakar
Executive Assistant to the Partnerships Office
- Department: Partnerships Office
- Hierarchy N+1:
- Location: Dakar site
- Contract: CDD 12 months
- Desired start: Avril 2023
About the Institut
The Institut Pasteur de Dakar (IPD) is a Senegalese private foundation in the public interest with the mission to advance public health and wellbeing in Africa by conducting research, providing training and education, sharing scientific knowledge, and advancing biotechnology. Since its founding in 1896, IPD has been at the forefront of the fight against infectious diseases in West Africa. IPD is one of the four WHO prequalified manufacturers to supply yellow fever vaccine to UN’s Agencies.
At IPD, we inspire, educate and attract passionate individuals with the commitment to develop meaningful and effective solutions to public health problems in Africa. If the Pasteurian values resonate with you, we want to hear from you.
Activities of the position
The Partnerships Office is responsible for the following key functions: Partnership management, Resource Mobilisation, External Affairs and Communications, and the Management of Programmes with a significant partnership component. The Partnerships Office is a new department, which reports hierarchically to the General Administrator and is headed by a Director of Partnerships.
The Executive Assistant will assist the Director and Associate Director to achieve their operational objectives by providing critical administrative and logistic support to the Partnerships office.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Director and Associate Director of the Partnerships office, including organizing meetings, making travel arrangements, and writing various communications.
- Act as a focal point and filter for external visitors.
- Liaise with relevant internal and/or external stakeholders and perform any other administrative duties in logistical support of ongoing projects within the scope of the Partnerships Office.
- Support the maintenance of comprehensive and accurate records via IPD’s Customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director and Associate Director of the Partnerships office.
Essential skills and competencies
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work under pressure on multiple projects. Excellent time management skills and an aptitude for the coordination of activities. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels
including internal and external national and international – and with great diplomacy. Superb attention to detail.
- Demonstrate adaptability and responsiveness working both virtually and in person in collaboration with teams across multiple campuses.
- Experience in using online platforms such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams and/or other systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access etc.) Experience in developing process for and maintaining a company’s CRM. Proficiency in written and spoken French and English and experience in writing documents in both these languages.
- Demonstrable personal commitment to the Pasteurian values which include humanitarianism, universalism, rigor and dedication, freedom of initiative, knowledge transfer and free access to information and the public health mission of IPD. Demonstrate professional behaviour.
- Collaborative and supportive approach to teamwork and ability to work effectively with people at all levels in the organization.
- Sensitivity to different cultures and work styles.
- Self-starter, positive and proactive approach to work and problem-solving can-do attitude.
- Ability to work analytically and creatively, with track-record of prioritising and delivering on an extensive workload with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree, BTS Administration and Secretary or equivalent with at least 5 years prior experience in a similar position.
- The Pasteur Institute of Dakar is a reference employer that offers working conditions favourable to professional development.
If you are interested, you can apply by sending your CV and covering letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (Hiring Manager) adding in subject the reference: BEC2300031
Due to the number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Voir toutes les offres d'emploi