TeachforSenegal recruits an Executive Assistant
About Teach For Senegal
To tackle educational inequity in Senegal, Teach For Senegal aims to catalyze a generation of forward-thinking, intelligent, and passionate leaders (called diambaarebee) who commit to a two-year leadership program through which they will teach in rural primary schools throughout Senegal and work closely with local communities. Teach For Senegal believes those who are experiencing inequity have the solutions already—they are just waiting to be heard—and as part of their fellowship, each fellow will spend time researching a social challenge in the community that hinders children’s attending, continuing, and succeeding in school. In addition to an intensive summer institute before their placement, throughout the academic year, Teach For Senegal fellows will also work closely with mentors who will provide regular student-centered training.
Alumni of the program and, over time, their students also will become the next generation of Senegal Leaders in education, business, medicine, law, government, journalism, and other fields. Informed by their experience, they will work from inside and outside the system to affect the fundamental changes necessary to ensure that every child attains an excellent education.
We’re looking for a dependable and motivated individual who’s ready to hit the ground running. As an Executive Assistant, you’ll tackle multiple tasks, projects, and day-to-day priorities while working remotely.
The ideal candidate has impeccable organizational skills, is a creative problem-solver, and adapts well to change. This is a great position for someone starting out in their career (i.e., recent grad) or looking to make a transition.
Objectives of this Role
- With a primary responsibility of supporting the CEO, provide support to the executive team as directed to ensure that company goals and objectives are accomplished, and operations run efficiently
- Maintain and refine internal processes that support the CEO, coordinating internal and external resources to expedite workflow
- Maintain all hard copy and digital records for ongoing executive projects
- Assist in creating and distributing meeting minutes for the monthly manager’s meetings and other executive meetings
- Deliver and pick up an organizational-related correspondence in the immediate geographic area
Work with CEO to create spreadsheets and presentation information for donors and staff meetings
- Translate document from French to English and vice versa
- Reading and analyzing incoming requests, partnerships, and resources.
- Performing office duties that include ordering supplies and managing a records database.
- Provide general administrative support.
- Support CEO with onboarding
- Develop and implement team culture, practices, and policies in collaboration with the CEO
- Strong belief in TFS’s mission, vision, and core values.
- Fluent in French (Knowledge of a local language is a plus)
- Speak intermediate English ( B1) and have to desire to want to improve
- Must be a Senegalese national
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Google Drive and English proficiency
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Up-to-date with latest office gadgets and applications
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- High School degree
Teach For Senegal’s Core Values
- Integrity: We consider integrity a virtue. We commit to uphold the highest standards of ethical expectations in our actions.
- Sense of Possibility: We believe the issue of quality education is an urgent one. We take each and every action with the full realization that our work now means that children in underprivileged communities could have significantly better life opportunities than what is possible today.
- Locally Rooted & Globally Informed: We believe in the possibility of transformational change in Senegal. We have faith that each child can excel, grow and become what s/he wants. Each individual has the capacity to transform oneself and others.
- Continuous Learning: We commit to learn from each other, our partners, and our stakeholders. Through constant learning, we strive to create excellence in outcomes.
- Leadership: We stand up when others give up. We dream and take action to achieve our dreams. We lead and inspire others to follow. We make the impossible happen.
- Humility and respect; we treat each other with dignity and respect, appreciate each other’s strengths, perceptions, and experiences, and acknowledge our own limitations. We value our relationship with communities, leaders, schools, and parents and constantly engage them to advance our work of providing an excellent education to all children.
- Teamwork; we support and challenge one another, work co-operatively with enthusiasm and appreciation, respect each other’s views and make our work environment fun and enjoyable.
200,000 CFA Per month
How to apply
Please email your resume and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate the position applied for in the subject line of your email. Your cover letter should be no longer than one page and answer the following questions: 1) Why are you interested in Teach For Senegal? 2) What compelled you to consider this specific position? 3) What strengths would you bring to this position? For more information about Teach For Senegal, visit us at www.teachforsenegal.org.
- Positions: 1
- Reporting to: CEO
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Contract duration: 3 months Full-time (renewable)
- Location: Dakar, Senegal or remote
- Application deadline: Open until position is filled
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org