World Bank Group
Extended Term Consultant (Global Benefits Officer)
- Job #: req22826
- Organization: World Bank
- Sector: Human Resources
- Grade: EC2
- Term Duration: 1 year 0 months
- Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- Location: Dakar,Senegal
- Required Language(s): English, French
- Preferred Language(s):
- Closing Date: 6/5/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity, and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 130 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
Background and unit summary
The Human Resources Department Employment Policy, Compensation & Systems Unit (HRDPC) is one of the Centers of Expertise in Human Resources. Its role is to design, develop, implement, and administer employment, compensation, and benefits policies and programs for staff and the contingent workforce in Washington, D.C., and over 130 country offices.
This position is with the Global Benefits Team, that is responsible for the overall program management and governance of benefits programs for actives and retirees. The team addresses program design, review, implementation, communication, financial management, operational compliance with policies, and vendors’ oversight.
The World Bank Group provides a global Medical Benefits Plan (MBP) to locally recruited staff and their dependents. The MBP is administered by a global third-party administrator, Cigna International. To further support staff on the administration of the MBP, each country office has designated a local focal point (MBP Administrators) to help staff with the support of the Regional Benefits Officer in H.Q. The Global Benefits Team is looking to expand its team in the Africa region to facilitate access to medical care and improve members experience and health outcomes. In addition to the MBP, the World Bank Group provides emergency evacuations through its Health Services Department (HSD).
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide support to the Global Benefits Team on the day-to-day management of benefit programs in the West and Central Africa Region (AFW), with a focus on MBP service delivery.
- Act as an alternate field Benefits Officer for AFW liaising with the insurance administrator or internal stakeholders as needed in close collaboration with the Benefits Officers in HQ (Washington DC).
- Provide support to the AFW country office MBP Administrators on customer service escalated issues in the region at the point of service, including liaising with the provider, Cigna, or HSD as needed to facilitate access to care especially for admissions and emergencies.
- Work with AFW country office MBP Administrators to actively engage with staff on any provider issues with Cigna (like suspension of direct billing arrangement and non-acceptance of guarantee of payment) and raise concerns immediately to Cigna and MBP regional focal point in DC for immediate resolution.
- Oversight of country office MBP Administrators engagements and training in partnership with the MBP regional focal point in DC to raise awareness and understanding of the MBP.
- Provide support for out of country care approvals and clarifications on regional OOCC escalations with the regional Benefits Officer in DC.
- Master’s degree in business, finance, human resources and at least 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years of work experience in employee benefits, especially on the customer service management of medical benefits; or other employee benefits programs.
- A strong knowledge of the healthcare systems in the Africa region.
- Any recognized professional benefits certification will be an added advantage
- Must be able to come to the office as per the country office guidelines
- Ability to handle the personal and sensitive information associated with benefits programs with appropriate sensitivity, care, and discretion.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment with others to resolve problems in relation to priority.
- Ability to manage emergencies and conflicting priorities in a sensible and timely manner.
- Strong customer service skills
- Good data analytical skills and ability to understand medical claims data and analytics
- Technically proficient with Excel, MS Word, and MS Power Point.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in a high-paced, demanding focal position. Ability to balance individual demands with institutional interests and practices.
- Proven task and project management skills. Excellent organization skills to handle a variety of concurrent activities, judge priorities and organize work accordingly, along with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills; fluency in English is essential and fluency in French is desirable.
- Proficient with online meetings platforms such as MS Teams, Webex, and Zoom
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including the following benefits:
- All-purpose leave of 24 days
- Paid maternity leave of 20 days with additional 40 days unpaid
- A comprehensive medical plan for the staff and family members with 75% premium subsidy
- Basic life insurance of 1x salary; plus, basic AD&D policy of 3x salary up to $250,000
- A termination grant of 15% of salary for each year of service at the end of the contract
Pour postuler à cette offre, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant : worldbankgroup.csod.com.
Voir toutes les offres d'emploi