Site FHI 360
FHI 360 is hiring a Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist.
Your accountabilities at FHI 360
- Develop and directly contribute to the development and implementation of M&E tools and systems to improve ability to collect, interpret and aggregate data that demonstrate impact and program accountability and progress.
- Develop and support the design and implementation of baseline, mid-term and end of project evaluations, surveys and other components of the program’s M&E system.
- Provide M&E technical advice to the program.
- Develop high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results.
- Provide technical support for M&E related to NTDs.
- Build upon industry and experiences to improve consistency, quality and practicality of M&E strategies; promote dissemination and use of lessons learned within international partner organizations.
- Review M&E plans and PMPs for quality and adherence to donor requirements.
- Collect lessons learned from programs and collaborate with senior management to assure M&E components are of high quality and improve processes and practices in data analysis.
- Provide training to staff, primary stakeholders, and implementing partners on M&E components in project design; such as monitoring plan, assessments, reviews, surveys and evaluations.
- Identify best practices for documentation as success stories, technical reports, or peer review publications and reviews surveillance, research and evaluation publications prior to release to stakeholders.
- Provide quality and timely submission of all required project reports.
- Liaise with national, multisectoral and donor M&E technical working groups and colleagues to ensure program provides complementary support and contribution to evolution of country M&E systems.
- Oversee capacity building activities on M&E topics, including the development of workshop materials, webinars, the design and management of workshops for implementing partners, the development of technical briefs, learning modules, and M&E guides.
- Contributes to planning and making recommendations for program concept, operations, and/or implementation.
- Influences design and scope of initiatives and programs.
- Represents the organization to external entities at professional meetings and conferences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- In-depth functional knowledge in area of specialization and detailed knowledge of related areas in the organization.
- Strong diagnostic, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to exchange information, present recommendations and collaborate with colleagues and peers within the organization and possibly externally.
- Ability to influence others of the benefits/importance of an idea or plan of action and to gain their support or commitment.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to reach mutual points of agreement and benefit among peers and colleagues.
- Reports to Act to End NTDs | West Senegal Program Manager.
- Work is reviewed in terms of meeting the organization’s objectives and schedules.
- Plays a coaching and mentoring role for others.
Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist’s profile
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree is required. Advanced degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Demography and Population Studies, or related field is preferred.
- Typically requires 8+ years of relevant professional experience in the field of public health, preferably in NTDs.
- Experience with USAID-funded activities, preferably in monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Experience designing and implementing M&E systems and working on NTDs is required.
- Highly skilled in the use of MS-Excel.
- Experience designing, conducting, and interpreting results of surveys.
- Experience with electronic data capture platforms will be a plus.
- Proven skills in mentoring, leadership and networking.
- Experience with US government rules and regulations and work experience in an international NGO environment, desired.
- Proficiency in English desired.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other handheld devices.
- Less than 10%.
Disclaimer: Note the Compensation Band that appears on the job description is associated with those jobs assigned to the US Salary Structure and employees that are paid from US payroll.
The Compensation Band for all national local employees aligns to the Compensation Structure based on the Country location of the job.
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.