BBC hiring Field Producer, Francophone Africa.
The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million. As part of an historic multi-million pound expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service is introducing a wide range of new and exciting language and regional content to serve African and global audiences.
The BBC is the world leader in broadcast newsgathering at the forefront of both the range of editorial coverage and technological innovation.
We are looking for a creative and experienced field producer to join the BBC Africa Hub and work across all platforms. You will be responsible for an area of output, including editorial control, reporting, selection and compilation of material, production, leading teams and planning and implementing effective use of resources.
- Based in Dakar, the field producer will play a crucial role driving timely, expert and authoritative coverage of news and current affairs in Senegal and the francophone Africa region across platforms and in both French and English.
- You will organise, gather, process and deliver multimedia content responding promptly to news and other relevant editorial developments throughout the region on the basis of editorial priorities and programme requirements.
- It will be the field producers responsibility to prepare the prospects for the upcoming day on a daily basis, as well as for upcoming weeks and other planning periods, as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate must be fluent in French and English, written and spoken, and able to communicate at a high level and go on air in both.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an experienced Journalist with creative ideas for TV, digital and radio and have a desire to report news in a fair and unbiased way.
- As field producer you must have basic skills of shooting photo and video, and of gathering journalistic material through other technical means. Familiarity with special equipment including the ability to operate recording, studio, photo and video equipment.
- Knowledge of West and Central Africa is required for this role.
- Continuing contract
- Based in Dakar, Senegal
- Local terms and conditions apply
Only BBC staff currently working at the Dakar bureau are eligible for consideration for this role at this time, per Senegalese law.
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in Senegal.
Closing Date: 24 January, 2021
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter careerssearch.bbc.co.uk.