PATH is hiring a Finance Assistant, Senegal Country Program.
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH Senegal works in partnership with Ministry of Health towards improving the health of the Senegalese population. Since 2001, PATH has collaborated with government leaders, communities, health care workers, and other stakeholders to identify and deploy innovative approaches to combat malaria and other infectious diseases, strengthen health systems, improve reproductive health, and address the growing threat of non-communicable diseases.
Going forward, PATH will continue to expand its work and partnerships in Senegal to strengthen health systems, improve services, and bring high-quality care to women, children, and communities.
PATH in Senegal is seeking an experimented and bilingual Finance Assistant to provide support for project activities in Senegal, for a fixed term employment of 1 Year renewable.
Major duties and responsibilities
Support to Finance Operations
- Prepare field office payment vouchers and expense reports with appropriate documentation of all transactions for the office
- ensure that supporting documents are efficient and follow internal control
- Input financial and accounting data into the Business world accounting software system as requested
- Support preparation of FOFRs including gathering all vouchers and related documents, bank advice and statements on a monthly basis and timely manner
- Scan and archive FOFR documents in an adequate system
- Cash Inventory and control of Petty cash (monthly closing)
- Perform routine banking transactions and preparation of bank checks and/or wires, support reconciliation of monthly bank statements.
- Assist the Finance Manager with monitoring budget advances for workshop and/or meetings.
- Ensure that all office accounts (i.e., telephone, internet, building services, office rent, taxes, and vendors) are paid in an appropriate and timely manner
- Liaise with International accounting services for any questions and requests
- Employee and non- employee Advance Account: ensure that advances are cleared on time within the month of closing
- Analyze other receivables and Clearing Account
- Ensure that all documents follow PATH Procurement policy
- Ensure the 3-way match before processing invoices
- Quarterly travel report for PATH Dakar
- Provide support to other programs for all finance aspects
- Have at least a bachelor’s in finance and accounting
- Have 3 years’ experience in accounting specially in NGO or Multinational company
- Speak fluently English and French
- Be familiar with MS environment
- Have an experience in SAP or Agresso or any other ERP system
Must have legal authorization to work in Senegal.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
Closinng date : 24 June 2022.