Site AZA Finances
AZA Finance is the largest non-bank in Africa and an established provider of Payments, FX and Treasury providing cross-border payment solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure. By leveraging cutting edge technology with our proprietary technology, AZA Finance is able to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and across frontier markets.
Our API product provides both wholesale currency purchase and retail settlement via our robust API while our Web-Based platform is our B2B over-the-counter product that caters to businesses with wholesale currency needs, especially those paying partners and suppliers.
Licensed by the UK’s FCA, Bank of Uganda, Central Bank of Nigeria, and the Bank of Spain, AZA Finance is a market-maker in every major African currency. AZA Finance was founded in 2013 and now has offices in Nairobi, Lagos, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Kampala, Accra, Durban and Dakar.
The Controller performs an accounting and oversight role, management and regulatory financial reporting, statutory financial reporting (ETATS FINANCIERS NORMALISES SYSTEME COMPTABLE (SYSCOHADA)), budget preparation, and researching new accounting policies. He/she will ensure the availability of all financial information required to support management and other stakeholders in strategic decision-making. The responsibilities also include ensuring monthly & annual tax and statutory reports are submitted in time, manage external audits exercise, and ad hoc projects. The role will also support business partnering and development initiatives.
- Take primary responsibility for the entities in Francophone region, and possibly other jurisdictions.
- Maintain complete books of records, review all bookings and journals, and own the accounting process.
- Oversee Senior Finance Associates in bookkeeping and accounting functions relating to client transaction, treasury trades across entities in multi-currencies.
- Responsible for general ledger management, balance sheet account reconciliations and accounting controls for posting to the accounting software across entities.
- Provide oversight on treasury and bank statement reconciliation, reconciliation approval in multiple currencies across different countries of operations.
- Provide oversight on month end work plan, coordination, timeline management and finance/accounting concerns.
- Oversee the preparation of month end P&L, balance sheet and cashflow statement, translations and consolidation.
- Review and oversee the Inter-company/ related parties’ transactions, loans, interest expenses and reconciliation in line with the group operations guidelines.
- Provide leadership to Senior Finance Associate on KPI reporting, client settlement liability reconciliation, fixed asset management, depreciation, amortization, accrual and prepayment accounting.
- Financial planning & analysis duties and commentaries as needed.
- Ensure the accuracy of regulatory budget reports and forecast.
- Value Added Tax ( CEL SUR LA VALEUR AJOUTEE – DECLARATION) , Withholding Tax (BRS), Company Income and all relevant taxes accounting and management.
- Ensuring compliance with tax and other statutory requirements in the countries we are incorporated
- Transfer pricing policy implementation
- Manage and oversee external audit exercise
- Any other duties
- At least 8 years’ experience within accounting or finance
- Fluent in French and English; Wolof is highly prefered
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business administration, finance, accounting, or related field from top university
- Chartered accountant qualification, or equivalent certification/experience
- Experience with SAP
- Experience in an international company, and preferably experience working aboard
- Deep understanding of multi-currency accounting, and foreign exchange gain/loss
- A strong and flexible work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- Great career development opportunities in a fast growing Fintech Company
- Ownership: All team members are empowered to bring ideas and make a difference in a dynamic and casual work environment
- A competitive salary at every stage of your growth
- Workplace Pension contributions
- 24 days statutory paid annual leave in addition to local public holidays, plus an extra day for birthdays. Including 4 days for
- Christmas/New Year break
- Company funded private medical insurance: dental, medical, and optical services coverage based on your jurisdiction
- 2x-3x Group life insurance based on your jurisdiction
- Performance bonus & Equity Incentives Plan
- Growth: Access to a personal growth budget (FTEs/PERM Only)
- Mentor & Buddy Program
- Complimentary breakfast, snacks and drinks
- Team building and happy hours events
- Employee mental health support
- A one-time work from home allowance
- Employee referral program
AZA is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. AZA does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.