Fluna is a pan-African trade finance marketplace for African businesses to access credit and market intelligence tools, reach their full potential and contribute to the global economy. We underwrite transactions 12x faster than traditional commercial banks and automated financial data reporting in order to further mitigate risks.
We support mid-market exporters in Africa with much-needed working capital to satisfy demand from buyers in the United States and Europe. We have onboarded 100+ exporters and deployed $20m+ in trade finance over the last 24 months.
We are looking for an experienced export manager to join our team to oversee the export of commodities in the Senegal, Ivory Coast, Togo, Benin and/or Cameroon markets. Ensuring the delivery of quality products to buyers and maintaining good relationships with all stakeholders in the supply chain.
- Supervises and manages export operations, ensuring compliance with customs regulations and company policies
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local suppliers of various commodities such as fresh fruits and vegetables, dried spices, nuts and seeds
- Participate in the supplier sourcing by ensuring suppliers are well aware of guidelines and rules to respect
- Coordinate with operational teams, partners and external stakeholders to facilitate smooth logistics operations.
- Monitor and track the progress of declarations and documentation ensuring that all necessary documents are in order and submitted promptly.
- Establishing and managing relationships with freight carriers and other service providers to ensure smooth operations
- Ensuring product quality and being aware of global trade standards and payment requirements
- Generate reports and insights to measure export performance, identify trends, and make data-driven recommendations for improvement.
- Degree in Business, Administration or any other related field
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience as a commodities exporter
- Background and experience in logistics, distribution and supply chain management
- Good knowledge of all local rules and regulations regarding the export of goods
- Positive, enthusiastic, and a self-starter who embraces responsibility and can manage their own time
- Target driven to ensure customers receive fast resolution while maintaining high-quality service delivery
- Creative and innovative problem solver
- Experience in a start-up environment is preferred
We are the place for you, if;
- You’re excited about technology and the future, and you’re looking for a place to learn and grow.
- You care a lot about detail and pride yourself on impeccable execution.
- You can collect and analyze lots of data and feed in just the right amount of intuition to make sound decisions.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a start-up mentality, where adaptability and a willingness to take on new challenges are essential.
- You love to speak up and ask questions to seek clarity.
Why you would love to work with us
- Competitive remuneration
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Team off-site events
- Opportunity to work with a diverse team of highly talented colleagues
If you meet the requirements and are interested in joining a dynamic and growing company, send us your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!