Site World Food Program
WFP is hiring a Food Safety and Quality Assurance Officer.
This job is located in Reginal Bureau Office in Dakar, Senegal and reports to the Regional Head Food Safety and Quality Assurance Officer, Regional Bureau for West and Central Africa and work closely with the Regional Nutrition and HQ team as well as country offices. S/he will also work closely with colleagues in different units across the region.
The incumbent will shape and lead the implementation of food safety and quality management protocols for all activities related of local production, fortification, food safety risk management, and FSQA validation procedures with a primary focus on supporting the country offices in Mali, Burkina, Niger in the implementation of the CRIALCES project.
The consultant will be responsible for partnering with the key food chain and programmatic functions to ensure an integrated risk assessment approach to meeting the production of Safe food with effective nutritional value.
- Support the dissemination and implementation of corporate policies and procedures on the WFP approach to food safety and quality matters, ensuring alignment with FSQA priorities.
- Guide and oversee the establishment of field operations protocols for risk and incident management to enable rapid response to situations with food safety and/or quality and/or integrity concerns, to ensure food safety and quality is embedded in any food related to WFP operation.
- Oversee the implementation of supplier food safety and quality management in the region, including supplier assessment, audits and review of corrective actions implementation
- Guide and oversee the establishment of field operations systems to support the prevention and mitigation of food safety and quality issues.
- Support implementation of risk-based food safety and quality procedures and practices within the food chain and WFPs projects and operation, including traceability, warehousing practices, to mitigate the risks associated.
- Support Country Offices with the development of risk matrix and mitigation actions related to their specific context of food operation, including local production, CBT and any food delivery processes to beneficiaries.
- Conduct periodic compliance review on risk level priority basis to guarantee adequate food safety and quality standards are met throughout operations.
- Lead incorporation of Food Safety and Quality within the nutritional programs – CBT, School Feeding, P4P, Smallholder farmers and others to align these with the corporate food safety and quality assurance standards.
- Support the technical discussions related to food safety and quality within the Regional context and serve as focal point to related topics among external parties, prioritizing the improvement of food safety and quality approach.
- Support the corporate food safety and quality training within the region. This includes providing traditional training, coaching and guidance as required, to enable awareness and high performance of staff in topics related to FSQA.
- Ensure Food Incident Management protocol is followed and implemented by leading and coordinating response to Food safety/quality incidents in the region.
- Build relationships and collaborate closely with counterparts in key functions internally and externally of WFP to implement food safety and quality policy and guidelines that maintain, monitor and verify food safety and quality along the WFP food chain.
- Oversee and prepare accurate and timely accounting, data collection and reporting, to improve
Regional FSQA planning and contribute to a WFP wide view of food safety and quality issues and
activities, enabling informed decision making and consistency of information presented to
- Take responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal
participation of women and men.
- Other accountabilities, as required.
Minimum qualifications and experience
Advanced university degree in Food Safety and Quality Management, Ability to work independently while strongly adhering to a governing structure, solid experience in risk management.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant progressively responsible experience in Food Safety and Quality Assurance domain.
- Previous working experience in WFP is asset.
Knowledge & Skills
- Theoretical and Practical understanding of Food Safety and Quality systems
- Embedded skills and mindset focused on risk assessment and risk management, action-oriented and comfortable to stand-alone
- Ability to analyze complex situations and recommend decisions among conflicting priorities, prioritizing the safety and quality of the food and final consumer
- Technical knowledge in food safety and quality systems and standards, HACCP, food technologies, food processing.
Fluency in French and English is required.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter career5.successfactors.eu.