Site Danish Refugee Council
Danish Refugee Council recrute un Grant Management and Multi-Country Operations Trainee.
Based in the DRC WANALAC Regional Office, within the department of multi-country grants and operations, the Grant Management and Multi-Country Operations Trainee will share its workforce between grant management purpose and support to the multi-country operations implemented within the Region. She/he will share the time equally between the two portfolios, though this is an average allocation, meaning that the time dedicated to each portfolio will be flexible and depend on the demands and prioritised files.
The trainee will support the reinforcement of an efficient and timely grant management for the projects being implemented and/ or coordinated by the WANALAC itself. S/He will support the development and quality review of multi-country donor proposals and reports covered by the WANALAC.
The Trainee will assist in the monitoring of the multi-country projects implementation. S/He will also contribute to strengthen strategic partnerships, create tailored communication and advocacy products, and assist in the organization of regional internal and external program events.
The Trainee will be part of the Department supervising multi-country grants and operations and will work intensively with the Programme as well as the Support Services (especially its Finance Department).
It is a unique opportunity to join a well-known international organization and benefit from a support adapted to the practical application of academic teaching.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the management of the Regional Programme Manager, the Grant Management and multi-country operations Trainee will have the following activities and tasks:
Related to the Grant Management portfolio:
- Keep track on and coordinate donor reporting schedule and requirements, as stipulated in the various donor contracts, through the preparation of the Rolling action plan ensuring all relevant staff are aware of their obligations
- Ensure regular updating of DRC’s grants management tool (via DRC Dynamics)
- Contribute to oversee the timely drafting of donor reports with program staff
- Assist in the writing of project proposals
- Assist in the follow-up of contractual and official information and correspondence for the relevant grants
- In coordination with relevant staff, contribute to design, maintain, and inform internal procedures, systems and tools to facilitate DRC compliance with contractual obligations to donors, including regarding communications
- Contribute to collect and centralise information on new funding opportunities, calls for proposals and donor guidelines.
Related to the multi-country operations portfolio:
- Assist in the monitoring, review, and revision of the multi- country projects, including of the project management tools such as the budgets, workplans and project targets
- Assist in the organisation and implementation of project activities held by the Regional Office
- Assist in the review and/or development of multi-country donor, program or partners’ reports, budget and amendments, in coordination with the regional and country teams, partners and according to priorities defined with the RPM
- Participate in the organisation of kick-off, annual review, and closure meetings for regional projects
- Draft and/or review communication and advocacy products based on information from country / regional teams and partners according to priorities defined with the RPM
- Provide support in liaising and coordinating with programme and support DRC teams at regional office and in country offices to facilitate the implementation of multi-country projects
- Assist in the mapping and vetting of partners and to the management of partnerships in the Multi-Country Operations Department according to priorities defined with the RPM
- At least 10 % of trainee’s time will be dedicated to learning related to their tasks. This could include online courses, workshops, self-learning, reading, etc.
All the tasks mentioned above will be primarily, if not exclusively, for the DRC WANALAC. However, if manageable and only with the approval of the Regional Director, other countries may be included in the scope of the tasks ensured by the Grant Management and multi-country operations Trainee.
In addition to the above, the Grant Management and multi-country operations Trainee may be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Regional Programme Manager and the Regional Head of Multi-Country Grants and Operations.
- Post-graduate degree/ University Degree (Bachelor or Master) in International Development/ Development Studies, International Relations, Economics, Political Science/ Public Affairs, Business Administration or Management, or another relevant field is required
- Previous experience in an international organization is required (between at least six months to two years), especially in grant management, reporting management
- Good understanding of institutional fundraising
- Proven operational management experience and capability, including working with local partners
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with a well-developed ability to motivate and persuade at high levels
- Full professional fluency in French language (70% of the professional communication in this position will be done in French, including almost all the communication within the WANALAC)
- Proficiency (written and spoken) of the English language (30% of the professional communication in this position will be in English)
- Understanding of the different contexts of the West Africa Region
- Excellent Computer Skills (MS Office, Internet) and an advanced proficiency in Excel are require
Applications close on October 4th, 2022.