Site CEVA Logistics
CEVA Logistics is hiring an HR and Payroll Administrator.
At CEVA, we believe that logistics is a people business, that’s why we create an environment of trust and team spirit – we encourage initiative and we empower our talent to grow in their careers. We are supply chain experts and live and breathe it every day. We offer a broad range of services in Contract Logistics, Air, Ocean and Ground management thanks to our 78,000 employees, operating in more than 160 countries. At CEVA, we are passionate about our work and the value we deliver to our customers and as a company, we are growing at a fast pace – do you Dare to Grow with us?
Responsible for providing administrative support and coordination for HR and employment related activities under the direction of the Country HR Management Team. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
- Supports the recruitment and staffing functions; and provides core customer service and administrative support to managers and employees with general human resources, benefits, employment, and payroll questions.
- Coordinates and schedules employment interviews for exempt and non-exempt candidates.
- Processes and tracks job requisitions including entering requisitions into the recruiting system and tracking candidates.
- Initiates job orders and schedules candidates to fill « temporary » job vacancies.
- Serves as the primary contact with employment agencies to establish, facilitate and manage the vendor relationship to ensure quality candidates and timely service.
- Reviews, verifies, and processes all new hire paperwork for accuracy and completeness, including coordinating and verifying benefits enrollment information with candidates.
- Assists with « on-boarding » new hires.
- Coordinates the processing of hours into the payroll system.
- Tracks and maintains time-off requests.
- Assists in the administration and processing of worker’s comp claims.
- Tracks turnover and prepares reports for distribution to managers.
- Responds to phone inquiries, emails and correspondence and assist station management with various projects.
- Runs reports, tracks activity and drives completion for learning and development, performance management and compliance programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
As a global organization, and as part of the CMA CGM Group, diversity is critical to our business success; only when we can reflect the cultures, languages, behaviors and local knowledge of our customers, we can succeed. By employing people with different experiences and abilities, we expand our knowledge and increase our creativity and innovation.
Closing date : 28 September 2021.