UNICEF recruits a HR Consultant.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, commitment
Following the reorganization of the RO HR Team, and in order to expedite the recruitment of the positions newly established in the ROMP of 2022 – 2025 as well as the quality assurance check for Country Office recruitment submissions, the West and Central Africa Regional Office (WCARO) HR section in Dakar, SENEGAL, has an Individual Contractor opportunity for HR Specialist-P3 to provide technical and strategic support for a period of 4 months.
How can you make a difference?
- Under the guidance of the Human Resources Specialist (Emergency), and with the support the WCARO HR team, the Human Resources Specialist on individual contract will provide technical support to the Regional Office Management, Regional Advisors and Staff in several areas, including strategic HR business partnership, recruitment and selection of both staff and non-staff, quality assurance of recruitment packages submitted by country offices. The Individual contractor will not have supervisory responsibilities during the consultancy but will work as a dependable member of the RO HR Team.
Scope of work
As RO HR Team member, undertake any other responsibility that may be assigned by the supervisor, actively participate in RO HR meetings, participate in joint HR projects, and contribute towards any other RO HR initiatives and activities.
Role and responsibilities
- Provide accurate and timely advice to Management, Regional Advisors, Hiring Managers, Country Office HR officers and staff on HR processes and policies, ensuring the highest level of staff-orientation and compliance.
- In consultation with the HR Specialist – Regional Office, keep abreast of, and closely monitor the approved priority recruitments and liaise with the hiring managers to ensure timely action is taken by all concerned.
- Provide guidance to the management and hiring managers to understand and comply with the current organizational ringfencing and upcoming mobility exercises.
- Represent HR in Selection Panels, write quality selection reports, take appropriate action in TMS, and ensure timely completion of approved priority recruitments, while ensuring compliance to staff selection policy, processes, and quality assurance.
- Actively participate in the onboarding and offboarding process including scheduling briefing sessions and being proactively engaged with incoming and outgoing staff, to ensure they receive the required HR support and guidance.
- Provide technical support and guidance in the recruitment of consultants, individual contractors, UNVs and Interns, ensuring due compliance to policy, process, completeness, and quality assurance in documentation, including TORs. In so doing, also consult with the HR Manager to ensure compliance by the hiring sections to the management decision to limit SSA recruitments.
- Where need be, participate in the review of specific JDs to be submitted for classification and take appropriate action to ensure timely completion of the process
- If required, attend relevant Regional Office Management meetings, and take necessary action on HR matters.
- Attend to any ad hoc HR requests from the management, when and as needed.
- As RO HR Business Partner, provide any other support to all staff, whether individually or collectively as needed.
- As RO HR Team member, undertake any other responsibility that may be assigned by the supervisor, actively participate in RO HR meetings, participate in joint HR projects, and contribute towards any other RO HR initiatives and activities.
The individual contractor will be working on full-time basis from 1st of July, 2022 to October 31st, 2022.
- Provide a weekly report of recruitment progress and quality assurance checks conducted, including on key performance indicators.
- A final consultancy report is expected at the end of the assignment.
- The individual contractor will work under the supervision of the Human Resources Specialist (Emergency).
- The Consultant should use their own equipment (laptop, telephone etc.). They will be supported by the Office IT in accessing TMS, Intranet and other UNICEF platforms.
- Payment will be done based on certification of satisfactory performance at each month and acceptance of written report and submission of invoice.
Deliverables and schedules
- Support the completion of all recruitment in accordance with policies and guidance notes.
- Provide support to the HR Section in consultancy recruitments.
- Complete 20 recruitments in the consultancy period.
- Complete in the consultancy period, the quality assurance check for 230 Country Office recruitments.
- Monitor the Office dashboard and maintain the corporate recruitment KPI (speed and diversity).
- Update on a weekly basis, the Master Recruitment Table
- Generate on a monthly basis, the RO diversity data and analytics.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University degree in human resource management, business management, international relations, psychology or other related social science field is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in human resource management in an international organization and/or large corporation.
- Professional experience within the United Nations, preferably with UNICEF is an asset.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both in writing and verbally
- Excellent data analysis and presentation skills
- Capacity to quickly adjust to a new team and environment
- Results orientation and capacity to work independently
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
The selected candidate is solely responsible to ensure that the visa (applicable) and health insurance required to perform the duties of the contract are valid for the entire period of the contract. The candidate may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid).
Deadline: 25 Jun 2022 Greenwich Standard Time.