PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
At PATH, our people are central to our mission of advancing health equity. As a function, the Human Resources division’s vision is to provide leadership in building a culture defined by our values and built on empowerment, courage, learning, and growth. Hence, three strategic focus areas guide our approach to support PATH’s strategy:
Redefining the employee experience to be more inclusive, from onboarding to separation and everything in between
Redefining how we approach talent to attract, retain, and grow our employees; Incorporating diversity, equity, and inclusion into all aspects of our people processes.
To fulfill our goals, we are recruiting a HR Generalist who will be responsible for activities related to HR administration for the Senegal and Ghana offices. The HR Generalist will report to the Regional HRBP West & Central Africa.
- Manage proper employee’s onboarding and conduct offboarding procedures.
- Ensure employment contracts are both properly written and signed by parties.
- Own HR administrative documentation management and filing system, as per legal requirements.
- Accountable of the monitoring of employment status of each staff and advise country programs on timely actions required for extensions or terminations.
- Monitor and maintain employee files and ensure personnel data are up to date.
- Ensure proper HR database maintenance and develop periodical reports as needed.
- Ensure full compliance of HR processes and records with PATH rules, regulations, policies, and strategies.
- Serve as point of contact with benefits providers, insurance brokers and temporary staffing.
- Assist in coordinating training and development initiatives.
- Contribute to building adapted initiatives to improve PATH employee experience.
- In charge of administrative formalities with all local labor authorities in Senegal (Social Security, National Pension, Labor Inspection).
- Manage statutory procedures in Senegal (medical check-up, staff representative election).
- Ensure monthly salary variables are captured and shared with the Finance Unit.
- Participate in recruiting activities by supporting country programs in staffing plan.
- Guide and support clients with queries throughout the employee life cycle under the supervision of the Regional HRBP.
- Assist clients on employee relations issues, benefits management and labor law.
- Assist clients in cases of underperformance or team management and facilitates the implementation of Performance Improvement
- Plan (PIP) or other remedial measures , when required.
- Assist the Regional HRBP on staff career development by fostering and managing promotions.
- Assist the Regional HRBP in HR policies development and implementation.
- Assist the Regional HRBP in benefits management.
- Input to the Africa HR procedures mapping and assist in creation of HR SOPs.
- May participate in HR projects including DEI initiatives and manager trainings.
- May provide support to the HR support team and the HR director as needed.
- BSc/BA in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or relevant field
- Proven experience as an HR Generalist (minimum 5 years in an International Organization / NGO preferred)
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws in Senegal and in Ghana
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; HRIS systems will be a plus
- Fluency in English required
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Proven problem-solving
- Desire to work as a team with a results-driven approach
- Additional HR training will be a plus
Must have legal authorization to work in Senegal.
Pour postuler à cette offre, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant : path.silkroad.com.