Dalberg is hiring an HR Lead.
We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Data Insights, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Implement, Dalberg Media, and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured, and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 650+ people from 55 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with nearly 50% female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity, and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners, and communities.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 30 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg.
The HR Lead is an integral part of Dalberg’s Operations team who will support consultants and partners across the office. The HR Lead will be a full-time role, responsible for fulfilling face to face requirements as well as escalated queries that cannot be resolved by the Africa Talent Manager. The role will report to the West Africa Talent Director with a dotted line in to the local Regional HR Manager. The ideal candidate will bring excellent functional skills in recruitment, general administration and experience in interpreting local employment legislation and drafting internal policies.
What you will do and how you will grow
- Provide technical expertise to prospective and current staff on human resource policies, including health, dental, work authorization/visa requirements, leave and sabbatical policies
- Ensure the full and effective use of Dalberg databases and systems including the Deltek recruiting and performance system and the Project expense management system
- Manage all aspects of staff off-boarding including exit surveys, IT close-outs, alumni email account creation and benefits changes
- Support the regional HR Operations team with cyclical activities, such as the appraisal and salary review process
- Design and implement local office policies (e.g. emergency planning)
- Provide ad-hoc support to Senior Management and the West Africa Talent Director
- Actively participating in process improvement discussions
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with HR colleagues across the African offices, staff members and external clients
- Actively participating in regular team meetings with the HR Operations team across Africa, to ensure information is shared.
- Respond to telephone, emails and on-line enquiries regarding potential roles
- Liaise with Universities regarding student events
- Coordinate and schedule candidate interviews
- Complete right of work checks for all new joiners, including, work experience students, secondees and permanent hires
- Liaise with the Immigration Consultants and the local travel services regarding visa/work permit requirements
- Schedule and administer enrolments for international training events and monitor attendees for future events
- Create new joiner introductions timelines
Diversity and Culture
Actively driving office culture initiatives and diversity engagements
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in HR
- Minimum 2-5 years of HR experience
- Previous experience of working in a corporate professional services environment
- Previous experience of Deltek Maconomy or another HR database preferable
- Excellent judgement with the ability to deftly manage sensitive and confidential situations
- Proficient with various Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and strong team skills and delivery focused
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of team and build external partnerships
- Friendly, professional personality and demeanor
- Ability to manage self and maintain level of objectivity and professionalism
- Strong attention to detail and good at prioritizing workload
- Proven ability to manage multiple, complex processes concurrently
About our clients
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as DFID and the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency
Join our team
Our current opportunities are in Dakar.
Please submit your application here, via our Career Center before 30 August 2021 and should include a resume and cover letter. Please note that resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
During this recruitment period, please apply for only one position at Dalberg. This position must be the position best suited to your current work experience and primary location. Candidates selected for interviews will be invited to several interviews to test skills and discuss interests and experience. They may also be asked to complete exercises to simulate aspects of the role. Interviews will be conducted by telephone or video conference
Closing Date: 30 Aug 2021
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter dalberg.hua.hrsmart.com.