Overall Job Purpose
- Support offshore HSSE and Operations Teams on the attainment of company’s HSSE goals and objectives for the FPSO through continuous communication, organizational assurance audits, inspections, incident investigation, safety initiatives and campaigns, risk assessments and procedures development, review and update.
- Influence internal and external stakeholders on improvements of HSSE matters.
- Provide front line support to work parties, disciplined supervisors and operational leadership team to comply with MODEC HSSE standards and expectations.
- Provide administrative support to the HSSE Team (onshore and offshore).
- Support on hiring processes of HSSE staff.
- Identify and deliver HSSE training when necessary.
- Support Contractor HSSE Management process for offshore services.
- Support the development and implementation of HSSE plans, thematic campaigns and initiatives that supports the development and growth of positive organizational HSSE culture.
- Coordinate HSSE information gathering by using MIMS, Kissflow, IMS and other company systems.
- Analyse and interpret HSSE statistical data, and produce weekly and monthly HSSE reports for MPR, highlighting points of attention that may impact on HSSE performance for management’s decisions and strategic improvement planning.
- Support the implementation and rollout of HSSE programmes such as Perfect Day process (proactive performance management),
- Offshore Leadership Workshops, Contractor Forums, Group Life Saving Rules and the CARE System and provide advice accordingly.
- Prepare Annual Assurance Audit and Senior Leadership Walkthrough plans for the FPSO and ensure execution by the nominated persons on the plan
- Support / lead/coordinate incident investigation process: -notification, investigating, report preparation and tracking of CAPAs
- Coordinate the completion of actions derived from the client, audits, incident investigations, CARE Cards and Safety inspections.
- Provide regular update on completed and outstanding actions.
- Organize internal incident review, and causal analysis sessions with the participation of HSSE and Operations Teams as well as SME (subject matter experts).
- Support Emergency Response, Crisis Management and Pandemic Management processes, including the organisation of ER rooms and the acquisition and maintenance of ER equipment; also participate in the emergency response activities.
- Be the focal point for onshore HSSE inductions, trainings and activities requiring HSSE Supervision such as raising of Permits, participating in Task Risk Assessment and Toolbox Talks (TBT), crew change HSSE inductions.
- Organize and facilitate safety meetings with operational team and for office personnel
- Be the focal point for Office and Logistics Base Security Management; to execute security management programmes such as planned and periodic security risk assessment of MOSEN Office, logistics base, company-provided residence and road travel routes, security awareness training for personnel and crew at the base.
- Provide HSSE support for Lifting and rigging, Dangerous Goods (chemical management) handling and storage, Waste transportation etc at the Logistic base and when required Quayside operations.
- Provide necessary support to ensure that design and construction activities (EPCI) carried out by internal and external stakeholders are conducted in strict accordance with Client’s HSSE requirements, MODEC HSSEQ standards, applicable local legislation and industry best practices.
- Participate in HSSE risk studies (i.e. HAZOP, HAZID, Hazard and Effect Management Process, etc.) for turnaround projects (shutdown maintenance), process and equipment modification campaigns
- Carry out annual preparation of Environmental Monitoring Plan in consultation with the Operations, HSSEQ and the Client’s Environmental focal persons and schedule external service providers for the execution of the monitoring activities.
- Support environmental compliance programs related to air, water, waste and chemical handling and recycling; Produce monthly environmental reports for the FPSO.
- Coordinate the development and execution of internal and external audit plan onboard the FPSO; including the preparation of audit reports and tracking the closure of actions.
- Lead and participate in internal HSSE audits, site inspections, health and hygiene inspections onboard the FPSO and also as part of the sub-contractor management process
- Provide expert advice on HSSE policies and procedures as well as regulatory compliance in order to support FPSO operations.
- Develop, review and update HSSE procedures; monitor the effectiveness of the HSSE IMS in the daily operations and make recommendations of improvements as appropriate.
- Support the Procurement team with contractor HSSE management process-Prequalification, HSSE evaluation, site audits , etc.
- Support Process Safety Management initiatives
- Carry annual review of PPE requirement and safety equipment in consultation with FPSO HSSE Leads, procure and ensure sufficient back up supply when necessary; schedule the calibration of safety equipment as per OEM and ensure availability of calibrated equipment
- Support the management of motor vehicle safety: travel risk assessment and journey management, driver training, vehicle inspections, traffic and regulatory requirements
HSEQ Requirements and Code of Conduct
- HSSEQ: Comply with MODEC HSSEQ standards and procedures in order to protect people and environment.
- Demonstrate Duty of care to ensure that all personnel work in a manner that is not harmful to their own health and safety, and that of others.
- Exercise Stop Authority where an unsafe situation exists and encourage employees to do same
- Ethics and Compliance: Comply with the MODEC Group Policy Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and expected training at all times.
- Report functionally to HSSE Manager.
- Report directly to Operations Manager.
- Deal with HSSE, Operations Teams and work crew (onshore and offshore).
- Deal with external stakeholders (client, authorities and contractors).
Job Challenges and Problem Solving
- Develop a strong safety culture within the workforce
- Identify and work to eliminate site hazards, unsafe conditions, and unsafe acts.
- Work with company and contractor management toward achieving zero incidents workplace.
- Work under pressure.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree: mandatory.
- Graduation in Engineering, HSE, Environmental Science or Project Management preferred
- Higher education (Post Graduate, Master, etc) in Safety, Risk, Process Safety or Project Management is added advantage
- Formal HSEQ qualification – NEBOSH International General Certificate.
- Lead Auditor qualification in ISO14001 or OHSAS 18001
- Minimum 5 years of continuous experience in similar role in Oil and Gas, Energy or Mining preferred.
- Demonstrable training and coaching experience.
- Must be an excellent communicator and adept at report writing and presentation.
- Have an in-depth incident investigation understanding and utilisation of an investigation technique such as Kelvin TopSe or similar system. Also, must have experience in analysing incident causation using one of the known techniques and to identify Pareto principle actions to enhance performance.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments.
- Hands on experience in Lifting and Rigging operation and Chemical management
- Emergency Response experience.
- Must have an expert knowledge of local legislations relating to labour, environmental, marine and security and safety.
- Must have a good knowledge of UK Safety Case Regime, EI Process Safety and other applicable oil and gas regulations and best practices.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication.
- Good interpersonal skills with an open and constructive communication style.
- High personal integrity, flexible approach and able to work under pressure (resilience).
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Attention to details and good numerical skills
- Risk base approach when taking decisions
- Persuasion and influence.
- Positive and enthusiastic team player
- Good presentation skills
- Advance skills with MS Office (Power Point, Word, Excel, Visio).
- Conversant with HSE management webtools for HSE data collection, incident investigation and reporting, CMMS
- Conversant with web conferencing tools: MS Teams, Webex, Zoom
- Office environment but frequently going offshore (3-4 days every month).
- 8 hours per day when onshore and 12 hours per day when offshore.
This is a general description of essential job functions and it may be expanded or altered as business needs evolve to maintain the operation at a high level of efficiency and to promote a safe, productive, and well-functioning workplace. This document is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All personnel are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties. Significant future changes will be discussed with the position holder accordingly.
This position is only for Senegalese Citizens.