Site Human Appeal
Here for every human
Orphan & Child Welfare Programmes Officer
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide. Human Appeal has seven International Field Offices across the globe.
Here at Human Appeal, we have an exciting opportunity for the Orphan & Child Welfare Programmes Officer to be based at Human Appeal Senegal Dakar office.
Please note, this is a local contract and the position is only exclusive to citizens of Senegal.
Main Job Purpose:
Ensure that protection and safeguarding mainstreaming are integrated into all Human Appeal programming through conduction of field visits, development of existing tools, identification and training of Focal Points in all teams, ensuring that protection and safeguarding mainstreaming is used effectively in all programming.
- Implement all One-to-One Sponsorship project activities at office and field level for orphans, including entering and maintaining orphans’ data and producing orphans progress reports, in close cooperation with orphans representatives and the other team responsible for the follow up of the assigned orphans, and under the direct supervision of the protection Manager.
- Occasionally register orphans’ applications, collecting all data and documents required for the sponsorship.
- Enter the data online and regular filed visit and making interviews for their guardians, keeping also regularly updated records of the assigned orphans during after sponsorship in an appropriate filing system and computerized database.
- Prepare distribution lists payment forms and financial records of the assigned orphans including arrangement of financial plan, payments and cash advances being paid to orphan representatives.
- All these procedures to be controlled and followed up through hardware (receipts, records, papers) and software (special systems & computer programs adopted as advised by protection manager & Finance unit.
- Prepare and timely submit to the Progress and end year Report for each assigned orphan once year or as advised by line manager, in close cooperation with the representatives responsible for the same orphans.
- Contribute to the development of the Orphans Sponsorship Programme according to the Orphans policy approved at HQ level as well as Somalia Country Strategy, participating under the supervision of the country director and OCW team in HQ in the preparation of the Management by Objectives Plan as well as the Annual Budget of the Orphans One-to-One Sponsorship Programme.
- Assist the OCW team in the reporting and visibility of the Orphans One-to-One sponsorship Programme, contributing to the Programme Quarterly and Yearly Progress reports and regularly preparing Case Studies in cooperation with the orphan representatives responsible for the same cases.
- Prepare personal Weekly and Monthly Action and Progress Reports to be submitted to the respective people.
- To ensure families are aware about reporting and where and how to approach if they have any concerns by conducting training sessions for the families.
- To raise awareness of safeguarding to orphan children/families and as well printing safeguarding messages in local version with the support of country Safeguarding focal point
- Regularly verify & list sponsored orphans’ basic needs, problems and accordingly suggests/provides proposed interventions, concepts & proposals to ensure better life circumstances for them considering these obstacles and difficulties they face.
Reporting and Representing
- Preparation and submission of monthly and quarterly progress reports to the respective people.
- Develop End of Year Reports for all HA Partners; HA UK, HA France, HA Spain & HA Ireland etc.
- To participate the clusters for maintaining and promoting a positive image of Human Appeal and its activities, especially child protection clusters.
- Provide verbal and written feedback on a daily basis to direct line manager; assist in writing regular, narrative and quantitative reports when requested.
- Liaising and Marketing with relevant public authorities and service providers in order to foster effective collaboration and encourage a conductive safeguarding and protection environment for affected populations and encourage national interest and ownership in protection of beneficiaries.
- Maintain and promote a positive image of Human Appeal and its activities by explaining the activities HA conducts and why HA operates in the way it does.
- Other Sectors Responsibilities
M&E Focal Point
- Updating the BRCM template for monthly basis and share with the respective people
- Creation of online data in kobo tool for all the projects including registration and post distribution monitoring questionnaires tool.
- Monitoring all the activities and developing of monitoring reports for the all the projects implemented.
Security Focal Point
- To brief staff on security situational issues (Alerts, notification and updates or security information process) and as well communicate every fortnight with security focal point at HQ level.
- To develop and update country security Plan and Security Risk Assessment
- To monitor the country risk register for each project.
- To develop monthly security report and submit to the respective people.
- Relevant University degree in social science, Law or any equivalent degree
- At least 3 years of experience working in Orphan & Child Welfare Programmes or any related fields.
- Experience of working on MS Office Suite
- Speaking and writing skills in English, French and the most widely spoken national languages in Senegal.
- Proficiency in Arabic speaking skill is desirable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Kindly submit resume in English. We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so for the best chance of success please click the link; and apply today to become our Orphan & Child Welfare Programmes Officer Please note that we will only be contacting the Shortlisted candidates.
*Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply*
Pour postuler, veuillez cliquer sur ce lien : eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com.