UNDP hiring Human Resources Associate.
UNDP, as an integral part of its mission to fight poverty and improve the lives of people around the world, is committed to being open, transparent and accountable. As part of this commitment, UNDP adopted International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and established a Global Shared Service Unit (GSSU) to provide IPSAS transactional recording (in the areas of revenue, expenses and fixed assets), procurement, advisory and support services to UNDP Offices worldwide, and to provide training to UNDP Offices where needed. Human Resources services within the GSSU was set up earlier in 2003 in Copenhagen and it provides customized service packages to more than 40,000 UN personnel from agencies, funds and programmes across the UN System. GSSU/HR in Copenhagen has established a legacy as a major Human Resources administration center within the United Nations and is recognized as a center of excellence. The Global Shared Service Unit (GSSU) is part of the Bureau for Management Services (BMS).
In the area of Human Resources, the GSSU supports both personnel and management in UNDP offices and units, with the full cycle of HR services ranging from recruitment, talent management, learning and development, HR policy and advisory services, management of benefits and allowances, payroll and banking transactions.
In six UNDP Regional Bureau Service Centers (RSCs) – Addis Ababa, Amman, Bangkok, Dakar, Istanbul and Panama – the recruitment and administration of local personnel will be proximity-based and managed by outposted GSSU personnel who report directly to the Global HR Service Centers (GHRSC) in Istanbul and Copenhagen.
Under the local operational guidance of the most senior representative of the GSSU RSC and the substantive overall guidance and supervision of the P3 HR Specialist in Istanbul, the HR Associate in the GSSU RSC is accountable for ensuring transparency, accuracy and assuring full compliance the outposted HR administration of allowances for personnel in country offices in the Regional Bureau. S/he performs a variety of standard HR administrative processes and services ensuring high quality and accuracy of work and consistency in service delivery. The HR Associate provides support to internal and external clients and managers on policies, guidelines and services and promotes a collaborative and client-oriented approach, sharing knowledge and best practice, including conducting training courses and coaching. Clients with whom there is direct contact may include UN Agency staff and other personnel in country offices or regional service centres as well as other units in UNDP such as OHR and OFRM in BMS as well as HR focal points in UNDP country offices worldwide and other UN entities such as UN Payroll, UN Insurance and other entities as applicable.
Duties and responsibilities
Advisory / Expected Results
Act as an internal advisor on matters relating to benefits and allowances, fostering partnerships with internal and external stakeholders by briefing and advising clients, personnel, colleagues and partners of the policies and guidelines thereof to achieve the following results:
- Comprehensive HR strategy including benefits and allowances management.
- Consistent approach in compliance with applicable policies.
- Client and partner confidence in GSSU RSC HR as a credible HR service administrator.
- HR policies and guidelines relating to benefits and allowances are reviewed and revised as necessary.
Administration / Expected Results
Administer and certify processing of allowances in full compliance with Service Contract Holder policies and the Financial Accountability Framework. The HR Associate has approval authority for non-discretionary decisions under the applicable policies and within the financial level of authority, to achieve the following results:
- Equity and transparency in the application of policies.
- Client understanding and confidence in GSSU HR as a credible HR service administrator.
- A high quality, timely and accurate service is provided to clients and partners.
- Accurate employee database for personnel and talent management.
Payments / Expected Results
Determine and verify financial benefits related to contracts, including hires, life and organization events, end of service, ongoing allowances and salaries to achieve the following results:
- Accurate determination of financial allowances of personnel transactions.
- Timely processing and approving financial payments to support personnel policies.
- Increased efficiency as a result of reduction in recoveries, advances and other exceptional payments.
- Accurate processing of financial allowances to correct UNDP and third-party funds.
Knowledge Management / Expected Results
Recommend, create and maintain knowledge management prescriptive content for benefits and allowances to achieve the following results:
- HR knowledge management system contains accurate and comprehensive coverage of benefits and allowances matters.
- Personnel are enabled and empowered through access to GSSU HR knowledge base.
- Full transparency of the administration of benefits and allowances.
- Continous learning and development for HR workforce by keeping abreast with HR best practices.
- Conduct training courses on benefits and allowances.
Streamlining Processes / Expected Results
Identify areas for improving processes and HR policies and developing business requirements to maximize efficiency and simplify procedures, to achieve the following results:
- Recommendations for improved and new HR policies and guidelines.
- Streamling payment and entitlement procedures to deliver optimal client service.
- Enhance work efficiency through constant evaluation and analysis of HR processes.
- Reduce costs of GSSU HR operations and related costs to clients and partners.
- Reduce unnecessary paperwork and administrative processes.
- Provide input and support to further development of and implementation of eServices.
- Secondary education. BA/BSc degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Sciences, and any other related fields would be desirable but it is not a requirement.
- HR Certification from a reputable institution is a distinct advantage.
- Minimum six (6) years (with Secondary education), or,
- minimum three (3) years (with Bachelor Degree) of relevant experience in human resources management services.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems. Familiarity with UNDP operating and reporting systems, including experience in the use of an ERP system (i.e. Oracle Cloud, SAP or PeopleSoft) is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and French (written and spoken).
- Working knowledge of other UN language(s) would be an advantage.
Application deadline: 26/03/2021
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter jobs.partneragencies.net.