Site World Food Programme
World Food Programme hiring Human Resources Officer.
At this position, you will have to:
- Support HR operational activities or projects that are aligned to business needs, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
- Respond to queries from managers and staff, understanding their issues and ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems, and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
- Contribute to the effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff, by administering conditions of service, contracts, and appropriate entitlements.
- Support staff capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and organizing development solutions that equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
- Support and deliver onboarding activities to ensure new employees have a positive experience of WFP and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organization.
- Provide support in building talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs, and organizing solutions to recruit, retain and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver the
- business strategy.
- Support for organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
- Collate data and contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of HR activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
- Conduct straightforward data analysis under the close guidance of a senior HR Officer, in order to support others on projects or contribute to process efficiencies and improvements.
- Perform other duties as required.
This role will specifically focus on Talent Management strategies and processes, ranging from Learning & Development, Performance Management, Career Management, and Employee Engagement, and will report to an experienced and dynamic HR Officer.
Education: Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology, or First University degree with two additional years of related work experience or training/courses.
Experience: Minimum of two years of postgraduate professional experience in Human Resources with a focus on learning and capability development, performance management, career management, and/or coaching.
Knowledge & Skills: We are looking for a dynamic, agile, and creative HR Professional who is passionate about Talent Management and inclusive workplaces where people can strive and fulfill their potential. Specifically, we are looking for:
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience on Performance Management principles, tools, training, and communication
- Knowledge and experience on Learning and Development strategies and implementation
- Knowledge and experience of talent management programmes, including talent reviews, succession planning, and career planning
- Knowledge and experience of Employee Engagement strategies and Recognition programmes
- Ability to effectively make use of the performance management and learning software platforms and tools
- Ability to facilitate and deliver training
- Good communication skills with the ability to persuade, influence, and adapt communication style to different situations and individuals. Ability to quickly build credibility with internal stakeholders.
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to continuously adapt approaches and recommendations to a specific organizational/country context.
- Excellent project management, reporting, and presentation skills using Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Ability to work remotely both independently and as part of a team.
Language: Fluency (level C) in both in French and English languages.