IDRC is hiring a Regional Communications Advisor.
Note: This is a locally engaged staff position. To be considered for this position, you must possess Senegalese citizenship
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Director in Dakar, Senegal and indirect supervision of the Director, Corporate Communications in Ottawa (Canada), as the Regional Communications Advisor you will work toward increasing the visibility of IDRC and its research partners in the West and Central Africa.
In partnership with the Communications team in Ottawa, you will develop and implement the regional communication strategy and workplan associated with the Centre’s communication strategy, organize communications and public relations activities, and develop communications products to share the results and impact of research funded by the Centre.
You will manage all regional communications channels, e.g. social media and newsletter. You will monitor, track and report on regional communications activities. In addition, as Communication Advisor you will work in collaboration with members of the Corporate Communications Division team in Ottawa to ensure consistent implementation of key elements of the corporate strategic communication plan as well as to advise and inform about regional communications issues and efforts.
Education: Degree in social sciences or international development with significant experience in the field of communications and/or journalism OR Degree in communication, journalism, or popularization of science with relevant experience in the field of research and/or international development.
Master’s degree will be considered an asset.
- Position requires seven years of recent and relevant communications experience, including five years of media relations experience:
- analyzing communications needs/issues and providing strategic advice to senior management and staff;
- developing and implementing multi-faceted communications and media strategies and approaches;
- identifying and executing proactive outreach and engagement opportunities for targeted audiences;
- researching, analyzing impact/risk and making strategic recommendations how to best address emerging news, trends and issues;
- managing corporate level communications projects; and
- writing and editing communications products for print, on the web, public presentations, speeches, etc.
- acting as a primary contact and a spokesperson for all media inquiries
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience in communications, where English and French-language writing and/or editing was a key part of the job requirement.
- Experience in these fields in the developing regions connected with the Regional Office would be an asset.
Language : This position requires advanced language skills in both English and in French. Language testing will be conducted.
- Sound understanding of IDRC’s mandate, its activities and the environment in which it operates.
- Strong knowledge of current communications best practices, approaches and tools including social media.
- Sound understanding of the principals of project management.
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal communications and public speaking skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills across a variety of communication formats.
- Strong organization, coordination, multitasking and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and ability to provide strategic advice and design appropriate activities and products.
- Demonstrated good judgment and knowing when a situation needs to be escalated.
- Ability to manage variety of projects maintaining quality and meeting client needs, deadlines and budget requirements.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Tact, creativity and flexibility.
Closing Date 15 April 2019.
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.