The ICT will manage (1) the integration of workplace ICT through oversight and support of an ICT Officer and (2) the application of ICT for program interventions.
Under the first role, s/he will be responsible for strategic planning for office technology purchases and will support installation and maintenance of the ICT infrastructure in the project offices (in Dakar and regional offices), ensuring that equipment and networks adhere to RTI’s institutional policies and procedures.
In collaboration with the RELIT Monitoring and Evaluation team, this individual will support project monitoring and evaluation data management and ensure that digital data collection tools and processes function effectively and translate into user-friendly data dashboards.
The responsibilities of the ICT Manager include:
- Provide oversight, mentoring and surge support to implement ICT (hardware, software, networks) for project workplace productivity
- Ensure effective integration of project’s computer systems
- Support staff to access RTI networks, email, productivity software, printers, etc. using RTI-purchased laptops.
- Ensure configuration of laptops and provide access to users’ network resources
- Create and manage project data backup systems in all project offices
- Implement security policies and manage computer security system (intrusion detection system, virus scan, firewall, updates, anti-
- spyware, anti-spam, user control) on all project information networks (in Dakar and all regional offices.)
- Assist and guide staff in the management and use of their RTI email account and other office productivity applications serving the project objectives (Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Collect all needs for hardware in regional offices in coordination with the Dakar office.
- Manage all Sonatel lines (fax, telephone, and internet.)
- Plans, supports and ensures the quality of work of the IT assistant (who may be delegated some of the above tasks)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master degree in relevant area (i.e., computer science) with experience in using ICT solutions
- 8 years of experience in support of IT
- 3 years of experience as an IT Specialist on a USAID project
- Knowledge of administrative and security organization of Senegal
- Knowledge of security arrangements in local management office
- Understanding of Frameworks (Django, Node.js) and Linux
- Experience with open and distance learning mechanisms, including e-learning and m-learning (using mobile devices for training)
- Excellent computer skills in common productivity programs, solid photo and video editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and organizational/mentoring skills, with a problem-solving attitude, proactive, able to work both independently and as a collaborative team player
- Experience with USAID and/or other donor-funded programs will be an asset
- High level of confidentiality, ethics, and integrity
- Fluency in French and English (other Senegalese languages – desirable)