Jumia recruits an Intern – Head of sales
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
- Day-to-day prospecting and new business lead generation
- Develop competitive solutions and proposals resulting in new business and partnerships
- Complete day-to-day administrative duties including Customer Relationship Management maintenance – managing appropriate pipeline and updating key customer information.
- Maintain relationships with existing customers on a regular basis, including frequent on-site visits.
- Development and execution of a structured client onboarding plan
- Communicate issues and concerns with operations and senior management when required
- Participate in rate schedule development and contracts for both new and existing business
- Responsible for creating and delivering high quality presentations pitches to the customer – both virtual and in person.
- End to end participation on all team structure hiring, training and performance management
- Development and building of team morale and coerciveness
- Responsible for the cascading, monitoring and execution of team KPIs in line with business strategy
- Leading, coaching, developing and supervising the efforts of junior staff
- Active involvement in the development of functional/industry practices
- Planning, tracking and reporting of sales goals
Keys Requirements :
- A completed master’s degree from an accredited university;
- An MBA, Business Management degree or relevant
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet etc.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite – Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills – assess, design and sell a given solution
- Proven experience in prospecting and developing new business
- Strong sales background and capability
- Minimum 5 years sales experience within the transportation/logistics industry
- Strong knowledge base of the industry and marketplace
- Building the biggest logistics platform in Africa ;
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment ;
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world;
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Closing date : 27 February 2020