Site Control Risks
Control Risks is hiring an Intern.
Control Risks is a specialist risk consultancy that helps to create secure, compliant and resilient organisations in an age of ever-changing risk. Working across disciplines, technologies and geographies, everything we do is based on our belief that taking risks is essential to our clients’ success.
We provide our clients with the insight to focus resources and ensure they are prepared to resolve the issues and crises that occur in any ambitious global organisation.
We go beyond problem-solving and give our clients the insight and intelligence they need to realise opportunities and grow. From the boardroom to the remotest location, we have developed an unparalleled ability to bring order to chaos and reassurance to anxiety.
Our people Working with our clients our people are given direct responsibility, career development and the opportunity to work collaboratively on fascinating projects in a rewarding and inclusive global environment.
Engagement Fixed-term internship (3-6 months)
Department Global Risk Analysis
Manager Associate Director, West Africa
To conduct desktop research in order to gather, analyse and present information and perspectives on political, operational and security risks in West Africa, with a heavy focus on Senegal and Francophone West Africa more broadly. To enhance the work of our West Africa analysts and consultants by providing research and
administrative support on subscription and project work.
This position will be based in our Dakar office, subject to COVID-19 health and safety protocols. It will involve working with other West Africa analysts based in Dakar, Lagos and London, and collaborating closely with Dakar-based colleagues from other departments.
Tasks and responsibilities
- To conduct desktop research on specified topics relating to political, security and operational risk issues in West Africa, including elections, policy-making and security trends in particular countries or regions.
- This research will include reading regional and international business news, academic studies, NGO and government reports, and local press sources in order to draw out relevant conclusions for analysts.
- To contribute to security incident monitoring in Senegal and the Sahel for our regional clients
- To gather data and draw out trends from studies conducted into regional political, business, security and operational dynamics.
- To provide ideas on the presentation of data in creative ways suitable for a business audience, and to contribute to the production of graphics on behalf of the team.
- Prepare short briefing papers and research notes on specific West Africa-related issues
- To carry out research to support business development initiatives, including research into specific prospective or active clients and project opportunities.
Knowledge and experience
Outstanding communication skills, and experience in conducting research and presenting findings both in writing and verbally.
A background in professional work or study focused on Africa.
- Knowledge of political and security dynamics in Senegal, and ideally good situational awareness of Dakar to be able to provide advice on specific locations
- Experience of writing succinctly for a business audience.
- Experience on the ground in at least one country in the region.
- Experience gathering data, and assessing and presenting statistics.
Qualifications and specialist skills
- Education to degree level, preferably in a relevant subject (politics, IR, area studies, economics or another social science).
- Outstanding communication skills and excellent verbal and written English and French.
- Ability to understand, summarise and present large amounts of information.
- Excellent Word and Excel processing and general computing skills, including an ability to produce engaging PowerPoint slides.
- Proven ability to carry out research in English and French. Knowledge of loca languages spoken in Senegal or elsewhere in West Africa is preferred.
Competencies Solutions focused
Clear, committed and delivers on what is required in role and strives to exceed expectations. Shows drive and determination to achieve high standards.
- Works with colleagues in a co-operative and supportive manner to achieve joint aims.
- Seeks information, and knows when to ask for support to fulfil role effectively.
- Communicates clearly both verbally and in writing; plans and organises own workload, prioritising when necessary.
All employees are expected to display behaviours reflective of our company values:
Integrity and Ethics, Collaboration and Teamwork, Commitment to People and Professionalism and Excellence.
How to apply If your qualifications, experience and aspirations match our requirements please email a short covering letter and C.V.: GRA.Recrutitment@controlrisks.com
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à GRA.Recrutitment@controlrisks.com