Site Amnesty International
Are you a university student/graduate looking for professional experience?
- Do you have an interest in the protection of human rights in West and Central Africa?
- Are you interested in researching and campaigning for the protection of human rights in Africa?
- Do you take injustice personally?
Amnesty International is looking for two Volunteers to support its research/campaigns program, at its Dakar Regional Office. The selected candidate will acquire an array of benefits including an introduction to human rights dynamic in the West and Central Africa Region. The candidate will acquire familiarity with regional and local civil society organizations. The volunteer will work with a wide range of people and will be involved in varied research and campaign work to make a difference in the fight for human rights in the region and globally.
A recent graduate with knowledge and skills in the areas of social sciences and humanities, particularly law, human rights, education, communication, and political science, you will be familiar with Amnesty International’s work, and have an interest in human rights issues affecting the West and Central Africa region. You will have excellent organisation and communication skills, and be fluent in both English and French.
- Press monitoring and electronic filing: We regularly monitor news articles regarding the situation of human rights in West and Central Africa. Relevant articles are then filed electronically into databases with particularly important news items forwarded to the teams by email.
- Correspondence: the volunteer will be asked to answer general correspondence and to communicate with the Amnesty International (AI) membership by letter or email.
- Assisting in drafting and editing AI documents, consisting of both research and campaign documents and materials.
- Conducting desk research on human rights topics and summarizing research material.
- Assisting in the preparation of the different research/campaign missions of the office
- Assisting in the archiving of research/campaign documents and the updating of the contacts mailing lists
Skills and experience
- Background through study, work, or other experience in a relevant area, such as law, international relations, political science, or social sciences etc.
- Fluent level of written and spoken English and French.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to manage a varied workload and work independently
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good IT working skills
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
Benefits include 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
For further information on our benefits, please visit https://www.amnesty.org/en/careers/benefits/
What we hope you will do next
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role’ below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
- Closing Date:21 March 2023
- Directorate:Regional Impact
- No of weekly working hours:35
- Salary:West African Franc 150,000
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.
Pour postuler à cette offre, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant : careers.amnesty.org.
Voir toutes les offres d'emploi