Site IQRA Bilingual Academy
IQRA Bilingual Academy is hiring a Head of Curriculum and Instruction.
IQRA Bilingual Academy, a Middle States Association Accredited Islamic-centered American/ International School opening in Dakar, Senegal is seeking a dynamic, energetic, and highly qualified Head of Curriculum and Instruction to elevate the level and relevancy of programs, learning, and evaluation at every level.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides leadership with curriculum specialists in the development of curriculum guides, task analyses, and assessment items
- Leads in the evaluation of instructional methods and programs, recommending how such methods and programs could be replicated in the district
- Collaborates with the Associate Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction regarding professional development necessary for the effective implementation of the intended curriculum and instructional best practices in all schools
- Collaborates with Academic Directors on the development of local benchmark assessments
- Collaborates with Academic Directors on educational research to improve the instructional program
- Develops, recruits and provides training for an Instructional Design and Innovation Team
- Works cooperatively with others to ensure horizontal and vertical alignment among programs
- Supervises and coordinates the work of curriculum specialists who provide special support to the schools
- Prepares and administers the budget for instructional materials
- Provides guidance in the selection and use of textbooks and other teaching materials
- Keeps current with educational developments and the literature in the field of education and participates in Ministerial professional organizations devoted to the advancement of curriculum and instruction
- Leads the development, revision and publishing of progress reports and report cards
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Facilitate the development of an Islamic school vision
- Align all aspects of a school culture to student and adult learning
- Monitor alignment of curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Improve instructional practices through the purposeful observation and evaluation of teachers
- Ensure the regular integration of appropriate assessments into daily classroom instruction
- Use technology and multiple sources of data to improve classroom instruction
- Provide staff with focused, sustained, research-based professional development
S/He also presides over all curricular initiatives, professional development opportunities, analysis of standardized MAP testing, and preparation for school re-accreditation.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the following attributes or accomplishments:
- 3-5 years of experience in an educational environment
- M.A. degree/ PHD preferred.
- An appreciation for and understanding of a middle school curricular program
- A love of middle school children
- Team player potential
- A willingness to join a dynamic school on the ascent
Please send a cover letter and copy of your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.
Très important : Méfiez vous des arnaques ! Vous ne devez payer, en aucun cas, des sommes d'argent aux recruteurs utilisant la plateforme EmploiDakar.com