Wave is hiring a Junior Cash Manager.
We’re making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d’Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that’s where you come in….
How you’ll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a Junior Cash Manager who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You’ll assist in the management of cash recovery from our agent network as we rapidly scale our business in Senegal.
In this role, you’ll:
- Seek to understand all our cash movements in Senegal
- Project cash requirements for our agent network using inbuilt tools
- Follow-Up integrations request for the good funding of partners
- Communication & collaboration with banking partners
- Determine which regions and agents have surplus cash as well as which ones are running deficits
- Work with our partner banks to ensure that all cash deficit agents and regions are settled
- Coordinate the collection of cash from cash surplus agents using our super-agent network, bank deposits and face to face transfers between agents
- Act as a link between the treasury and agent management divisions to coordinate cash related activities
- Maintain excellent relationships between the company and our partner banks
- Work with our software engineers to ensure that we have the best tools possible to accomplish our mission
- Report to the Head of Treasury with strategies of how to ensure the company is efficient in its cash utilization and recovery
- Proficient in French, Wolof and English
- At least 2-3 years of relevant experiences in a similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Finance or Management related course
- Location is primarily based in Dakar with possible short-term relocations within Senegal
- Work authorization in Senegal required
You might be a good fit if you
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change
- Are analytical in your approach to problems
- Are excessively detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Have developed processes and training with minimal guidance and have implemented them in the field
- A Master degree in Finance or Management related course as well as experience in financial institution (bank, money transfer service or micro-finance) at a Managerial level are an added value.
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D’Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We’re deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
- Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Closing date : 30 November 2021.