Site Mastercard Foundation
About mastercard foundation
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services, and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
The work at the foundation
We are currently in an exciting period at the Mastercard Foundation as we intensify the implementation of the Young Africa Works strategy, aiming to empower 30 million young people throughout Africa to access dignified and fulfilling employment.
To ensure the Foundation’s accessibility to our partners and program participants, we have established offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda. These offices provide strong in-country support for the implementation of Young Africa Works. We collaborate with governments, the private sector, educators, and other funders to enhance the quality of education and vocational training, equip young individuals with the necessary skills for the workforce, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and facilitate connections between job seekers and meaningful employment opportunities.
Our values serve as our guiding principles, transcending and surpassing all other considerations. We wholeheartedly encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work.
If you are an experienced Lead, Agrifoods Systems professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Head, Agrifoods Systems, the Lead, Agrifoods Systems will support the building of impactful country programs by setting direction and engaging partners throughout program design and implementation of the WAEMU Roadmap & Agrifood priorities within the WAEMU Roadmap. S/he will provide expertise to identify constraints that prevent agrifoods systems from functioning effectively at the country level and incorporating the agricultural sector’s needs into country strategies.
Ways you can contribute
- Provide agricultural sector expertise to support the Foundation country teams in the design and management of agricultural and Agri-finance programs.
- Identify challenges and opportunities in the agri-food systems to drive job growth.
- Collaborate with country teams and other team members in the development or implementation of new programs, including co-creation of programs and due diligence practices.
- Communicate progress and learnings from projects to the Foundation colleagues and the wider development community.
- Collaborate with the program and country teams to leverage synergies across programs and across geographies.
- Manage current programs, distilling learnings for the Foundation staff and country teams.
- Provide perspective and expertise on emerging issues and trends in the agricultural and Agri-finance sector, including climate change.
- Contribute insights to the Foundation’s thought leadership on youth employment in Africa.
- Lead and supervise teams of colleagues and/or junior experts by providing coaching and support necessary for success and growth.
- Identify and help overcome challenges and other barriers to team effectiveness.
- Build relationships with partner organizations, communities of practice, and global stakeholders.
- Represent the Foundation and collaborate with key internal and external audiences.
Who you are
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Finance, Business, Agricultural Economics and/or Financial Inclusion.
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant experience in financing agricultural companies and farmers and a minimum 5 years of leadership and management experience.
- Experience of the Private sector in Food production or consumer goods.
- Working experience in the Francophone West Africa region, with deep knowledge of the policies, networks, business landscape.
- Native level of French and fluency in English are mandatory.
- Excellent project management skills, including multi-stakeholder projects.
- Experience working in commercial agricultural companies operational in Africa, West Africa, or WAEMU.
- Understands market and systemic challenges to financial inclusion for rural and agricultural economics in
- Africa and best practices for addressing them.
- Experience and understanding in a variety of value chains (cash and food crops), the small businesses and
- SMEs along the value chain, and supply chain / logistics in the agri-food system.
- Understanding of the role of agri-food and rural SMEs in economic transformation and job creation for youth.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills, the ability to think strategically and contribute as a thought partner in the Foundation’s strategy development.
- Demonstrates strong budgeting skills with the ability to manage a large portfolio of assets.
- Command of quantitative and qualitative business analytics.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Proven excellence in verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures and to distill complex information and data into accessible conversation and written pieces.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline for Applications is Sept 29, 2023.
Pour postuler, veuillez cliquer sur ce lien : boards.greenhouse.io.