The NBA hiring a Lead Digital & Social Publisher.
This key role will lead the management of and execute content publication plans across all Basketball Africa League digital & social platforms. In this role, you’ll be charged to use a mix of internally generated content, original source creative, and community content to curate the best mix of information for BAL articles, events, and overall objectives.
We are looking for a unique individual who can balance social planning & publishing responsibilities across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube with original editorial content creation and video content population across the website. You must have an understanding of the best content to program on respective social platforms, as well as how best amplify content about this brand-new league across all digital and social touchpoints.
You will have help in executing the vision for the creative – but must also be able to jump in at any time to provide immediate support or direction to get the job done, whether it is editing copy, publishing photo galleries, live capturing content on a mobile device or scheduling out social content for the respective platforms.
Your missions at the NBA
- Execute daily content plan that you will work on with BAL’s Head of Content
- Provide overall direction for publishing team on support of 24/7 operation
- Oversee daily publishing team to ensure delivery of best-in-class social content & product offering
- Work directly with freelance & content creation staff to determine daily content needs
- On-site social capture, when needed, around games & league-related events
- Copyediting editorial content
- Write editorial content including news, content descriptions, push notifications, and headlines
- Work with graphic designers for all graphics treatments
- Understand all content available (league, teams, affiliate leagues) to determine what will work best for the respective platforms & markets
- Work with Product & Digital Content Strategy on content reporting, testing & future product enhancements
- Deeply knowledgeable and passionate about the game of basketball & how to best develop content around the players, teams and game itself to showcase across digital & social channels
- Enthusiasm about bringing an entirely new league to life through the lens of content
- Knowledgeable and curious about the social & direct-to-consumer landscape, especially as it pertains to an African audience
- Experience in publishing from a Content Management System
- Knowledge of basketball analytics and the rules of the game
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat – both from an African audience & global audience perspective
- Strong writing and communication skills, as well as ability to execute editorial judgment
- On-site social content capture for a league, team or brand
- Ability and willingness to work on deadline and handle multiple tasks at once with a precise and detail-oriented approach
- Ability and willingness to work both independently and as part of a team
- This position will require travel, as well as night & weekend work
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a social/content/digital publishing role
- You have managed & lead content planning for digital or social accounts on behalf of a brand
- You understand digital analytics & trends to know the best types of content to use on respective platforms
- You have experience working on deadline
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in digital marketing or related discipline
Job Segment: Social Media, Content Strategy, Marketing