Site CA Global
CA Global is hiring a Legal Counsel.
Our client, a large-scale petroleum distribution company in the Western African region, is seeking and experienced law professional who will work as Legal Counsel at their base in the region.
- Accurate regulation and applicable law – As a fundamental basis of the legal function contribution, the applicable rules need to be perfectly accurate and updated and a constant legal intelligence maintained.
Corporate – Corporate compliance is the main requirement for accreditation by local authorities.
- Drafting and review – Review all agreements to be signed by the General Administrator to ensure protection, contractual balance, and alignment with internal rules.
- Legal Advice – Provide the General Administrator, the managers, and other colleagues with appropriate answer to their concern.
- Litigation cases – Assess the situation and set up an amicable agreement whenever possible. Build a strong file when the case is brought before the Court by collecting and selecting internal documentation and arguments.
- Leases and rents – Monitor the leases and rents schedule. Aid with new lease or renewal negotiation and setting up.
- Registration – Monitor the registration of any document when legally required (contracts, decisions, minutes, etc.)
- Law costs – Reduce as much as possible the law costs by evaluating the right needs as for judiciary assistance and external advice.
- Reporting – General and special reports on the litigation cases, quarterly and whenever requested.
- Filing – Ensure a perfect filing of critical documents, in accordance with internal policies.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Post-graduate degree in law.
- Minimum of 5 years post call experience acquired from a well-established law firm serving international corporate clients or abroad or acquired from a reputable private company.
- French and English fluency a must.
- Computer skills essential (word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to carry out legal research and analysis.
- Ability to issue (written or oral) clear and concise legal advice.
- Ability to draft contracts and legal or administrative documents.
- Ability to settle a litigation.
- Persuasive skills essential.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Benefits and Contractual information:
Open term contract, upon successful completion of probation period.
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Closing date : 23 September 2021.