Citi is hiring a Markets Head.
The Country Markets Head is a senior level position responsible for developing, leading and aligning the Citi Markets platform and the client target market, in coordination with the Trading team. The overall objective of this role is to create a cross-product strategy that ensures Citi’s products are position as the leader in the market, and achieves market and wallet share growth.
- Create a clear cross product strategy, in partnership with market heads across markets and securities services
- Lead and manage senior level regulatory relationships and create a culture of effective governance and risk management
- Lead the People Strategy for businesses and engage Talent across products and teams
- Develop a short and long-term strategy for the business to achieve revenue growth targets, ensuring market share expansion
- Build an effective franchise network across the region and measure against both local and international banks
- Define and implement a client centric strategy that optimizes alignment between the Citi Markets platform and the client target market
- Lead resource allocation reviews and prioritize regional and cross product business initiatives
- Manage senior external contact with Regulators, media, industry groups and market data
- Represent the Markets and Securities Services franchise throughout Citi both locally and regionally
- Ensure efficient and effective execution of key initiatives and business review processes
- Leading strong governance and controls:
- Work in close partnership with control functions such as Legal, Compliance, Market and Credit Risk, Audit and Finance in order to ensure appropriate governance and control infrastructure
- Build a culture of responsible finance, good governance and supervision, expense discipline and ethics
- Appropriately assess risk/reward of transactions when making business decisions; and ensure that all team members understand the need to do the same, demonstrating proper consideration for the firm’s reputation
- Be familiar with and adhere to Citi’s Code of Conduct and the Plan of Supervision for Global Markets and Securities Services; and ensure that all team members understand the need to do the same
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as defined by your role which will be communicated to you
- Obtain and maintain all registrations/licenses which are required for your role, within the appropriate timeframe
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years of experience in a related role
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and influence a diverse population across geographies, products and matrixed reporting lines
- Advanced interpretive and problem-solving skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Ability to travel extensively across the region
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (« Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.