Site Amnesty International
Amnesty International hiring MEAL Officer, Human Rights Education.
Defending and promoting human rights in the Sahel is part and parcel of Amnesty International’s West and Central Africa Regional Office mandate. In Mali, for several years AI has been documenting serious human rights violations. This situation deprives victims or their families of their right to justice and reparation and constitutes a blank cheque for perpetrators. In this context, Amnesty International (AI) advocates towards national authorities and the international community for the fight against impunity.
AI has joined leading organizations as FIDH (International Federation of Human Rights), ASF (Lawyers without Borders- Canada) and AMDH (Mali Association of Human Rights) to form a consortium that will address the fight against impunity in Mali.
AI will be taking care of the Human Rights Education component whose goal is to strengthen popular support for a rights-respectful culture as a barrier against impunity in Mali, and is looking for a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) officer.
Ensure that MEAL systems and capacity building effectively serve the Mali Project’s on justice smooth and timely delivery, adhering to Amnesty Human Rights Education (HRE) guidelines and policies; support a culture and practice of reliable planning, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and reporting for the Mali Project; developing, updating and coordinating relevant monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities and events; supporting the capacity of Amnesty West & Central Africa Regional Office, Amnesty Mali, consortium members and partners in M&E, and promoting knowledge transfer internally and externally .
Monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
- Design and implement a comprehensive M&E framework in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders; Monitor overall programme delivery and progress (activities, objectives, expenditure and risk) through regular communication, reporting, virtual programme review meetings and field visits; Design data collection and archive tools for the project; incorporate field and technical team feedback to ensure the continuous improvement of data management systems.
- Ensure the timely submission of reports by the program team and review them thoroughly.
Accountability, Capacity Building and Learning
- Ensure that all project partners and activities adhere to accountability requirements; Ensure the documentation and capitalisation of resources and data generated by the project; Share learning and provide constructive comments to colleagues in order to ensure programme quality
Relationships, networking and other
- Maintain relationships with technical staff within the International Secretariat and across the movement; Identify and develop relationships with relevant regional or international organisations and networks which could provide resources, technical support and/or strengthen communication/advocacy.
Skills and experience
- Proven capacity in developing and implementing monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) frameworks and tools.
- Significant experience of working for an international NGO, supporting local partners and managing donor-funded programmes.
- Knowledge of programme cycle management concepts and tools.
- Strong financial management skills; proven capacity in budgeting monitoring and financial reporting.
- Knowledge of human rights issues and developments in West Africa
- Proven experience in the timely preparation and submission of clear and concise reports.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and French.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Mali; knowledge of the context desirable.
Application deadline: 04 Feb 2021.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter careers.amnesty.org.