Site Medic Mobile Inc
Medic Mobile Inc is hiring a Partnership and Communication Intern.
Medic Mobile builds mobile and web tools for health workers, helping them provide better care that reaches everyone. Operating as a unique, nonprofit technology company, we develop free and open-source tools that can be adapted for specific uses, backed by evidence. Health workers currently use Medic Mobile to register every pregnancy, immunize infants against illnesses, track disease outbreaks faster, keep stock of essential medicines, and communicate about emergencies. Medic Mobile works with implementing partners to deploy projects that leverage mHealth to impact health from the community level upwards.
We have an opening for the following position in our West Africa Office in Dakar, Senegal, and would like to invite applications from qualified candidates for a 3-month initial contract term.
Partnerships and Communications Intern
Our team is spread around the world and we need someone who enjoys working with a virtual team, is passionate about Medic Mobile’s mission, and is excited to join a dynamic, growing team.
As a Partnerships and Communications Intern at Medic Mobile, you will work closely with the Partnership Development team to support the identification of new partnerships opportunities in West Africa; translate project documents from English to French, support external communications for the region and support the project team in testing Medic products. You will report to the Partnerships Manager but as part of a diverse team, you will also interact with the Regional Director, Relationships Managers, Tech Leads, and Project Managers to:
- Support in the translation of project documents, partnerships development and communication collateral from English to French
- Support in the implementation of partner outreach, business development and proposal writing
- Assist with showcasing Medic Mobile at mHealth and public health conferences & events.
- Support in product testing
- Write blog posts, help manage social media channels in a robust way
This position reports to the Partnership and Communications Manager.
Your key activities at Medic Mobile Inc
- Support the Partnership and Communications Manager to meet Medic Mobile’s impact and partnership goals, as defined by Africa Partnership Development Strategy
- Assist with conducting outreach to new partners, and identifying opportunities to educate new audiences about Medic Mobile’s mobile and web tools
- Provide assistance to Medic Mobile in refining and maintaining French communications and partnerships development collateral and project documentation sufficient to effectively convey the organization’s work and mission to its French-speaking audience as it grows its footprint in the W. Africa region.
- Perform product testing in order to ensure that the product team is meeting the needs of Medic mobile partners in the West African and French-speaking context.
- Perform health systems research on countries of focus for Medic Mobile’s growth and research on mHealth ecosystem in the region
- Identify stories, prepare content and collateral for blog, print and web and act as local communications resource to colleagues, as defined by the Partnership and Communications Manager for Africa
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in public health, communications, public administration, non-profit management, health policy or business administration.
- 1 – 2 years of work experience in global health, public health, technology, communications; and preferably with a social enterprise focused on low-resource settings.
Candidates should :
- Be bilingual -Speak and write French and English fluently
- Have demonstrated an ability to work independently and with a distributed team; self-starter
- Have very strong oral and written communication skills, social media experience
- Have a solutions-oriented approach to challenges
- Exhibit empathy and respect for other cultures
- Have the ability to communicate with a broad range of people, both internal and external to the organisation, in a professional and ethical manner
- Have the ability to analyse and present information clearly
- Be based in Dakar, Senegal and/or have legal work permits for Senegal
- Have superior organisational skills with high attention to detail and ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Have experience with creative writing (personal blogs, websites or articles)
- Be interested or experienced in non-profit communications
- Have an interest in working with and learning from a globally distributed team of mHealth technology experts.
- Have a strong customer service orientation that establishes a good working relationship with partners, with the attitude of wanting to assist people and pass-on their knowledge and experience to others.
If this role inspires you please submit, in English, a resume, a write-up sample and a cover letter. Applications that do not include all three items will not be considered. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible, as interviews will be held on a rolling basis until the role is filled.
Pour postuler à ce poste, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant hire.withgoogle.com.
Très important : Méfiez vous des arnaques ! Vous ne devez payer, en aucun cas, des sommes d'argent aux recruteurs utilisant la plateforme EmploiDakar.com