SoCha recruits a MEL Specialist.
SoCha, LLC is preparing a response for an anticipated USAID/Sahel Regional Office (SRO) call for monitoring, evaluation, and learning support to USAID resilience programming in the Sahel region. To provide quality MEL services, we seek qualified MEL Specialists.
Scope of Work
- Illustrative Functions of the Position
- Exact reporting relationships will depend on the program design that SoCha delivers. Positions would frequently report directly to a Chief of Party, Project Director, Senior Technical Advisor, or similar position.
The MEL Specialist will work with USAID/Sahel’s program and technical offices to:
- Optimize evaluation statements of work;
- Select evaluation methodologies;
- Oversee evaluations in any sector where USAID works;
- Provide MEL support to USAID and its implementing partners;
- Provide dedicated capacity building assistance in MEL operations and quality assurance;
- Conduct MEL trainings;
- Advise USAID and implementing partners on their MEL plans;
- Lead data quality assessments;
- Participate in Mission portfolio reviews;
- Oversee the advancement of learning agendas and evidence that improves USAID’s programs;
- Contribute data and insight from evaluations at learning events, and
- Provide other MEL technical support as needed.
We are Actively Seeking the CVs of Specialists with Experience in One or More of the Following Areas to be added to our pool of consultants for future opportunities, on both short and long term contracts:
Performance Monitoring, including:
- Developing performance monitoring plans
- Designing and optimizing quantitative and qualitative indicators for international development projects
- Designing or conducting performance or impact evaluations
- Mixing qualitative and quantitative methods
- Applying evaluation results to inform future programming
- Data Management
- Collecting and analyzing performance and financial data
- Developing GIS maps
- Data visualization
- Capacity Building in MEL
- Training monitoring and evaluation (M&E) professionals
- Coaching and mentoring local organizations in M&E methodologies
- Working with country evaluation associations to professionalize MEL
- Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting
- Coordinating with stakeholders
- Hosting learning events for international development partners
- Building institutional capacity and memory
- Incentivizing learning and sharing
- Facilitating learning events
In addition to the categories above, subject matter expertise and research experience in the following sectors is also sought:
- Peace and Security
- Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance
- Basic Health, Health Systems Strengthening, and Service Provision in Disaster-Prone Contexts
- Economic Growth and Agricultural Development
- Humanitarian and Disaster Assistance
Minimum qualifications and experience
- An understanding of international development sectors (Education; Peace and Security; Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance; Health; Economic Growth; Food Security; Disaster Assistance; and Environment) or cross-cutting themes (gender, OVC, youth, etc.)
- French and English language proficiency. Must be able to write clearly in both French and English.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- For Senior-level, an advanced degree and 10 years experience with directly related projects in one or more of the areas outlined above (performance monitoring, evaluation, data management, capacity building, and/or learning).
- For mid-level, a university qualification in a related subject and between 3-7 years of directly related experience.
- For assistant level, a university qualification with demonstrated experience coordinating research or evaluation tasks, providing management consultation services in the international development industry, or organizing formal training programs.
- All openings will require a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Prior experience working with USAID preferred.
- Experience with USAID’s program cycle, CLA (collaborating, learning, and adapting) approach, or knowledge management preferred.
- National citizens of countries in the Sahel region with the above skills are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Suitably skilled applicants are encouraged to upload their CV (in English) via the form below.
Applications close: 25 July 2021 – Rolling review of applications will occur.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter jobs.socha.net.