Select Global Solutions
Select Global Solutions is hiring a MEP Engineer (Building Construction Industry).
Our client is a leading building construction company in Senegal (West Africa). Currently, they are constructing multi-story apartments, villas, commercial complexes, industrial projects, and residential complexes.
Major Duties to be performed by MEP Engineer:
- HVAC Expert
- Electrical Power And Lighting
- Fire Alarm Expertise
- Attention to Details
General Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare plans, details, specifications,s and cost estimation of plumbing, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and general piping system.
- Provide technical advice to staff designer, supervisor, inspector, and contracting service provider, regarding installation and maintenance of MEP System.
- Analyze Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing engineering problems and formulate solutions.
- To plan, organize, and evaluate the work of consultants, contractors, and others. MEP Engineer has to knowledge of MS Office, AutoCAD, and Project management software.
- Continually review the contractor’s construction schedule during the progress of site works with regards to MEP services and report to the Project Director on the same.
- Manage the day-to-day work of the MEP team.
- Undertake general project site observation/inspection of the mechanical services works for Contractor’s adherence to the approved shop drawings and Consultant’s specification, good working practices, and construction schedule.
- Undertake a prior review of the Contractor’s proposed mechanical system testing & commissioning methods and schedule.
- Witness on-site piped system pressure test, air conditioning duct leakage testing, and another testing that may be required during the first fix works and advise the Project Director accordingly.
- On a spot basis, witness mechanical system final testing and commissioning.
- Maintain an ongoing list of mechanical services defects for contractor’s remedial action.
- Undertake final project snagging and prepare a list of defects for Contractor’s action.
- Provide advice to the Project Director in regard to any mechanical services related to variable costs that may be claimed by the Contractor during the course of the works.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Working knowledge of plans, prints, specifications, and schematics associated with trade.
- At least 5 years of construction experience with working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and mechanical.
- Construction procedures and practices.
- Computer literate.
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- African experience would be highly considered.
- Work contract: 2 years, renewable on completion of 2 years.
- Status: Bachelor
MEP Engineer, Building Construction, Plumbing, Electrical Engineer, HVAC Expert
Closing date : 23 September 2021.