ActionAid hiring Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- Organization : ActionAid Senegal
- Directorate: Policy & Partnership/ Program
- Location: Dakar
- Duration: a fixed-term contract with a trial period of 1 month
- Start of contract: February, 1rst 2021
- Deadline: Sunday 27th December 2020
ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency formed in 1972. We are a partnership between people in poor and rich countries working together to end poverty and injustice. Today we are working with over 15 million of the world’s poorest and excluded people in over 45 countries worldwide to secure their rights to a life free of poverty and injustice, and with the support of half a million donors and supporters.
ActionAid Senegal is part of the AA International and started working in Senegal in the year 2000, focusing on three of Senegal’s 15 regions (Fatick, Tambacounda and Kedougou) covering 160 communities. ActionAid is a federation for global justice working for social justice, gender equality and eradication of poverty. In Senegal, ActionAid works to strengthen the capacity and action of people living in poverty and exclusion, especially women, to argue their rights. We work with communities, grassroots organizations, women’s movements, peasant movements, other social movements, groups and networks and other allies to overcome causes and consequences of poverty and injustice. We link the work we do at the Community level to much greater efforts and fighting at national level and to make a great contribution to a fair, equitable and sustainable world.
ActionAid is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. The holder of the position shall be responsible for enhancing quality and effectiveness of programme through implementation of M&E systems and assessment of programmes in accordance with our Human Rights Based Approach (HRBA) and our Country Strategic Paper.
- Support programming staff within AAS in the development of systematic and realistic monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data;
- Undertaking baseline surveys, monitoring and evaluation exercises for various initiatives;
- Build capacity of local communities, partners and staff on the logical framework, data management, data analysis and results-oriented programming, monitoring and evaluation methods and principles, report writing techniques and requirements for relevant donors;
- Establishment and maintenance of an updated information database for LRPs and Country programme;
- Participate in proposal development, in particular the development of the M&E framework for funded projects;
- Undertake mid-term and final reviews of LRPs and country programmes as necessary;
- Coordination and dissemination of annual and quarterly reports for the programmes;
- Operationalize monitoring and evaluation framework for CSP and at LRP levels;
- Act as M&E support for AAS donor funded projects, supporting development of M&E tools for such projects, training staff and partners on M&E for the projects and supporting data gathering, documentation and learning for such projects
- Organize and coordinate lessons learning workshops/review of program work plans with partners and other stakeholders;
- Facilitate documentation and reporting of assessments, program data, lessons learnt and best practices for internal and external sharing; and
- Develop and maintain effective information database on projects, providing resource and necessary support for program inputs and outputs.
- A Bachelors’ degree in Development related subjects preferable Economics or Sociology.
- Very fluent in English and French.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of development programmes.
- Good understanding of Human Rights Based Approach and program cycle Management; and knowledge of research methods.
- Leadership and management
- Strategic thinking
- Analysis and report writing
- Presentation, communications, and negotiation
- Networking, influencing and interpersonal
- Planning, organization, time management, and coordination
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- it is mandatory to be perfectly bilingual (French-English)
- The mastery of certain local languages would be a plus.
- Your ability to socialize in a community setting is highly valued.
If you meet the requirements, send your CV/Resume, motivation or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or to ActionAid Senegal, B.P: 45780 Dakar-Fann 67, Ouest Foire Cité SAGEF 1, Dakar Senegal no later than Sunday 27th December 2020. You are requested to highlight in the motivation letter how specifically you meet the criteria for this role.
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond to short listed applicants. ActionAid International promotes diversity and welcomes applications from all section of the community, especially from women.