myAgro is hiring a Development and Communications Coordinator.
- Location: Thiès, Senegal with regular travel to rural Senegal
- Start Date: As soon as possible, Oct 1st, 2019 preferred
- Critical Requirement: Fluency in French and English
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro’s founder and CEO here.
About This Role
In this position, you will get to see all areas of myAgro’s operations. You will be responsible for supporting the Development team, working directly with the CEO at our headquarters in Thiès, Senegal, as well as contributing to all Communications initiatives.
To ensure success in this role you will be super organized and thrive at “making things perfect”. You are the type of person who rolls up his/her sleeves and finds a way to make things better. You love organizing and making sure things function as well as possible. You are also creative and have an upbeat personality, and are excited by exploration and adventure. You are a strong writer with prior experience working on professional blogs/social media campaigns/creating content. You will have passion and talent for content creation and be able to show clear examples of some of the work you have done previously.
This is a new entry-level position for myAgro, which requires a high-energy, self-starting person who is not afraid to ask questions, and shows determination to power through unforeseen challenges. The role is based in Senegal and involves frequent travel to rural villages to interview farmers and understand our field operations. Communication in both French and English is done on a daily basis so if one of those languages needs brushing up, you will definitely get the opportunity!
Your responsibilities at myAgro
- Support the greater Development team as we submit renewal and new proposal applications, including liaising with the operations and field team in operating countries to get necessary data and inputs
- Help plan donor visits, coordinate with donors, and send out regular reporting to donors
- Oversee maintenance of our internal donor support software, Pipedrive
- Play a fundamental role in creating processes to streamline and organize the Development team’s activities and workflow
- TEAM PLAYER ATTITUDE!
- Design and deliver powerful and informative communications content that aligns with the overall goals of myAgro, for internal and external audiences, including via our website, blog, social media and quarterly reports
- Create a media library of video, photos and stories to share with all channels
- Profile farmers by going to the field and categorizing them based on certain characteristics, allowing us to generate a list of candidates for use in donor visits and in farmer stories
- Interview farmers and develop beautiful, pointed farmer stories for marketing myAgro in new villages and for use in our Development reporting as well as our Development renewal and proposal applications
- Launch a social marketing campaign via local radio in our operating countries and create and curate a library of beautiful photos and stories to share with our network of supporters
- Support research on relevant topics – agricultural sector, savings behavior models, microfinance, etc. and write white-papers for internal and external use
- Ensure communications are in line with our core values
- CREATIVE APPETITE!
Qualifications of the Development and Communications Coordinator
- Oral and written fluency in English and proficiency in French is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Excellent writing skills with attention to detail
- A hunger for organization, with a perfectionist tendency
- Commitment to myAgro’s mission
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in journalism, politics, media, consulting, etc
- Great at problem-solving and commitment to continuous improvement
- Entrepreneurial, independent and comfortable moving forward in new areas
- Positive, humble and easy-going attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Please send:
- a) a brief cover letter (3 paragraphs, all less than one page total),
- b) resume and
- c) a writing or creative piece sample
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Pour postuler à ce poste, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant www.myagro.org.
Très important : Méfiez vous des arnaques ! Vous ne devez payer, en aucun cas, des sommes d'argent aux recruteurs utilisant la plateforme EmploiDakar.com
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.