Site Tetra Tech
Tetra Tech hiring Office Administrator – USAID’s WASH-FIN Project
Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Office Administrator candidates for the United States Agency for International Development-funded Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Finance (WASH-FIN) program.
Position Description/Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Senegal Team Leader, the Office Administrator will be responsible for maintaining accounts and supervision of operations and the compliance of the project. A commitment to continuous learning, to take initiative, and a willingness to acquire new skills from direct instruction and/or independent learning in the performance of day-to-day tasks and duties will be required in addition to the ability to work comfortably and efficiently in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
The Senegal Office Administrator must be technically competent, capable of working independently and collaboratively, taking initiative as required and providing clear, detailed verbal and written technical reports. He/she must have a strong team spirit; demonstrate integrity, honesty and good character; promote and defend the integrity of the organization’s financial systems and also promote its priorities.
- Under supervision of the Country Team Leader, manage WASH-FIN Senegal operations and monitor compliance with USAID regulations and Tetra Tech policies and procedures;
- Ensure the smooth running of the WASH-FIN office and project administration functions;
- Process payments, prepare disbursement vouchers and record transactions in QuickBooks;
- Prepare monthly payroll;
- Prepare monthly financial reports;
- Manage office petty cash;
- Manage procurements for office supplies, event venues, etc. depending on project needs;
- Maintain inventory of project property;
- Procure services (e.g translation, transportation, IT) as needed, and prepare and manage service agreements;
- Update monthly the annual leave plan;
- Maintain personnel files;
- Prepare consultant agreement and update the commitments tracker;
- Supervise the driver and office cleaner;
- Upload all relevant document in Egnyte (procurement, finance, inventory, HR, etc.);
- Ensure electronic files are complete and up to date;
- Carry out other specific duties and tasks as may be assigned within identified competencies.
- University degree in accounting or finance or any other similar degree.
- Have a minimum of five years of relevant work experience, preferably in the management of projects funded by USAID.
- Excellent knowledge of information and computer technology, with expertise in accounting software QuickBooks
- Understanding of the WASH sector in Senegal would be an added advantage.
- Excellent command of the English and French languages required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
- Cover letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is December 13, 2020.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.