Site Abt Associates
Abt Associates hiring Office Assistant / Accountant Assistant.
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 24 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Senegal Accountant, the Accountant Assistant have the specific duties and responsibilities that include the following:
- Assist in the management of project finances and, if needed for the districts
- Prepare and present periodic financial statements / reports
- Assist in the organization and administrative and financial management of project workshops in the field
- Daily check the timesheets of the seasonal operators and the district support staff
- Prepare seasonal operators payrolls statements
- Assist in the control of mission advance requests
- Assist in the control of mission expenses report and and supporting documents
- Perform all other accounting tasks assigned to him
- Support the team on all other administrative or financial tasks
- A strong command of financial and other computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Quicken, QuickBooks, Access, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure, in a rural environment
- Fluency in French and English skills.
- Experience in IRS and ITN distribution is highly desirable.
- (1) year of experience and high school diploma OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter egpy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.