Site ONE Campaign
ONE Campaign hiring Freelance Designer.
ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity. We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality.
Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account. ONE’s supporters are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out – organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives – and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will live to embody ourvalues. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will have the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
About the opportunity
The Designer will join the incredibly versatile and passionate global Brand team. They will work closely with the Communications & Content and Engagement & Mobilization teams. They will execute and collaborate on creative concepts and deliverables in support of ONE’s mission. They will use their mastery of Adobe creative suite and their strong design eye to help create stand out work that pushes the brand forward. Their day-to-day work will include digital design, print, merchandising, and new media assets.
The ideal candidate is an ambitious self-starter with exceptional organization and prioritization skills. They should be comfortable with client and stakeholder interaction and eager to grow their conceptual thinking and digital marketing skills.
This is a 5 (Five) months freelance consultant position working 3 days per week, reporting directly to the Design Manager. If they are comfortable to do so, they are expected to work from the office at least 2 days a week once lockdown restrictions and concerns are over.
In this role, you will
- Design stand-out work in support of ONE’s mission and objectives.
- Develop creative direction and deliver various types of output such as websites, social content, advertisements, emails, policy reports, merchandising, event materials and invitations.
- Work with ONE colleagues internationally to ensure our global campaigns are reflective of the cultural/country specific environment.
- Be responsible for day-to-day creative projects, adhering to production and internal deadlines and timelines.
- Demonstrate speed, efficiency and progressive design, while remaining organized and communicative.
- Strike a balance between working autonomously and in collaboration with the Brand team.
- Support our teams in Senegal, Kenya, South Africa and Nigeria as well as other Europe and North America offices.
What we need from you
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in graphic design
- Experience designing web and mobile layouts that are thoughtful and work responsively
- Proficient in designing and preparing files for print production
- Working knowledge and license to use Adobe and Creative Suite tools (InDesign, Xd, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Have your own computer or laptop that can run all the software you need and hard drive space to keep ONE files
- Photography and production experience a plus
- Agency experience a plus
- Will to learn and develop new skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Flexible and resourceful approach
- Have a solid understanding of user-centered design
- A genuine passion for design with a strong desire to achieve the best possible results
- Interest in the latest trends and news within Art & Design
- Remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
- General interest and dedication to the mission of ONE
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in other languages such as French is a plus.
- Travel up to 10% domestically or internationally.
Physical requirements / Work environment
Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Office attendance negotiable.
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a portfolio to [email protected] with a subject line: FREELANCE DESIGNER.
Application deadline: 30 September 2020.
ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics .
Due to the high volume of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à Recruiting@one.org