PAPS is hiring a QA Engineer.
At Paps, we welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build, the future of delivery in Africa. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward together.
About the Role
- Product is key to our start-up. As a QA Engineer, you will play a critical role in building the best real-time logistics system ever.
- The ideal candidate for this role should have strong strategic thinking and analytical skills, and be ready to lead by example. Given the nature of our company, this isn’t your average
- Monday-Friday 9-5 job, but if you’re hungry for a true start-up experience and ready to shape the future of logistics in Africa, this is the role for you. You will report to the Head of Engineering.
What You’ll Do
- Design end to end automated tests for our web applications, mobile apps, API and platform services
- Prioritising testing based on the business requirements
- Draft solutions for automated test, CI and release processes
- Being part of a multi-disciplinary team and provide value all along the development cycle
- Analysis and report QA activities regularly
- Promote Agile testing and Agile methodologies
- Collaborate with team members to determine overall test strategy and improve testing quality
- Run manual acceptance testing for new features as needed
What You’ll Need
- You are always eager to learn and also to help your teammates to do it as well
- You like to find solutions for any problem you may spot
- You don’t stop until you find the root cause of the problem found
- You prove strength against adversity
- You are comfortable working with a diverse, inclusive, and distributed team
- You show humility
- Fluent in English
- University degree or equivalent in Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- 3+ years experience in a similar roles
- Experience in manual and automated testing (web/mobile/API)
- Always following the latest testing and quality trends and techniques
- Preferably former experience in an Agile environment and cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application at email@example.com