Site Plan International
Plan International is hiring an Administration Manager.
Plan International is an independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations organization, that works in 52 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas. We strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Under the supervision of the Country Director, the job holder will oversee strategic as well as operational aspects of administration, procurement, IT and logistics of both Plan International Senegal and the Regional Office.
Accoutabilities of the Administration Manager
Coordinate General Administration, logistics, Procurement and IT work for the Regional Office and the country office.
- Put mechanisms in place to ensure delivery of quality services in those fields;
- Monitor work in each of those sections to support;
- Hold weekly meeting with the team to plan the week and assess achievement of previous week;
- Ensure that refresh training is organized for RO, CO and PUs staff by time to time and that newly hired staffs’ induction is not only well conducted but that they include briefing on substantial information and tools related to administration, risk and security;
- Make sure a good segregation of duty is in place in General Administration, Procurement and Logistics related fields.
Translate global legal management standards into reality at the Regional Office and County Office.
- Put mechanisms in place to ensure that the RO and CO comply with all applicable laws and regulations;
- Ensure that the RO and CO only enters contracts that are reasonable, protect Plan’s interests and don’t create any excessive risk or liability;
- Make sure that contracts the RO and CO has entered into are complied with
- Ensure Plan RO and CO have access to high quality legal advice;
- Make sure the RO and CO maintain an appropriate registration, understands and complies with its requirements;
- In the most consistent way, make sure the Regional Office and the Country Office comply with requirements of Plan’s Anti-Terrorism Screening (ATS) policy and procedure, to ensure that none of its funds are used to support terrorism;
- Ensure that legal claims are effectively managed to minimise legal, reputational and financial risk.
Design procedures, tools and/or policies that support alignment of RO and CO security with corporate norms.
- Conduct periodic Security Risk Assessment for the Regional Office, Country Office and for expatriate residences;
- Develop/update Security Standard Operational Procedures (SSOPs) and share with the staff;
- Develop/Update the Travel Security Advisory according to corporate frequency and share with the staff;
- Make sure visitors receive security packs prior to their arrival and are briefed on security issues;
- Make sure a first aid kit is available and contains up to date material to assist colleagues in need;
- Prepare Security Review Team (SRT) meetings, participate in them and monitor implementation of decisions made;
- By time to time organize security trainings for the staff and conduct simulations of staff evacuation;
- Search security information related to Senegal and share with both staffs;
- Maintain the security communication tree and test it periodically;
- Periodically make sure the status of extinguishers is checked at the RO, CO and at RO expatriates’ staffs residences and necessary actions are taken to ensure they are usable in case of need;
- Develop and/or participate in existing NGO Security networks existing in Senegal to increase RO and CO awareness of security to respond to them in the most effective way.
Ensure timely and quality Administration, risk and security reports for the Regional Office.
- Prepare quarterly security report and submit it in time to the Regional Security Advisor;
- Develop tools to track procurement and logistics data in support to quarterly administration report, annual insurance survey and environmental report;
- Review and submit quarterly travel data using the corporate template;
- Coordinate reporting processes related to administration, risk and security and review draft reports before submission;
- Based on regional reports submission dates, develop a plan that supports timely submission;
- Lead the Supply Chain related risk identification, assessment process for the RO and CO and monitor them in Magique Galileo;
- Monitor on a continuous basis Audit Actions related to both the Regional and Country Offices.
Align procurement and logistics practices at the RO and CO with global standards
- Translate the global logistics standards into key requirements for the Regional and Country Office;
- Complete the Logistics capacity assessment and take actions aiming at aligning practices with known standards in the field;
- Review the procurement capacity assessment conducted by the procurement officer and make recommendations for actions aiming at aligning practices with known standards in the field;
- At least on a six-monthly basis, review the control environment of the RO and CO in administration, security field using an Internal Control Questionnaire (ICQ) and take necessary actions;
- Ensure that both the RO and CO have an approved and quarterly updated procurement plan;
- Ensure that an approved price list is available at both the RO and CO and supports recurrent procurement activities and it is updated regularly;
- Make sure Fixed Assets are recorded, monitored and a count is conducted once every year;
- Organize periodic asset disposals making sure they comply with organizational standards;
- Align stock management with global standards.
Maintain Legal Claim Register for the Regional and Country Office
- Communicate with the staff on the corporate claims management policy and requirements;
- Make sure all the staff are conversant with the process to follow if they are to share a potential and confirmed claim;
- Prepare for the country and regional directors release document hold notices to support Plan’s preparedness to face potential or confirmed litigations/claims;
- Record Claims related to the RO and CO and monitor them in Magique Galileo;
- Review and sign off Claims in RO and CO Claims Register and get them approved as per corporate protocol every quarter;
- Support information entered into the register with relevant evidences.
Ensure consistent use by Administration Staff of SAP resources.
- Develop flow charts to describe key procurement processes in SAP;
- Train the Supply Chain Staff on SAP and ensure good understanding and systematic use of SAP for procurement work ;
- Release requisitions in SAP and approve purchase orders as per provision of the job role mapping;
- Collaborate with the Finance Department to ensure integration of Administration and Finance.
Supervise Procurement and Logistics Officers
- Oversee the work of the SSC Procurement Officer and Logistics Coordinator;
- Contribute to the development of their Individual Accountability Plan (IAP);
- Complete their interim and annual assessments;
- Coach them to develop key capacities in areas needing improvements;
- Review and approve weekly timesheets submitted by supervisees;
Insure the effective implementation of standard 5 and 11 of the child protection policy as standards’ owner
- Implement with the support of CPP focal points the standard 5 about the notification and response
- Implement in collaboration with the PSM the standard 11 about the working with partners to ensure the secure of children
- Communicate about child protection policy and the code of conduct to staff and partners that Plan International Senegal works with
- Ensure child protection risks analysis is conducted for every partners engaging into activities with Plan
- Report all cases or suspicion of Child abuse you know of.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- Master’s Degree in Business/office administration/Law or related field;
- Sound knowledge of SAP;
- A minimum of 8 years of experience including 5 years in supply chain categories and risk management in an NGO environment;
- Knowledge of procurement procedures;
- Ability to coach manage and motivate a team;
- Knowledge of Logistics procedures;
- Knowledge and understanding of management requirements;
- Ability to influence, negotiate with and persuade staff at all levels of the organisation;
- Knowledge and understanding of Senegal administrative environment.
- Fully computer literate in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English;
- Communicates clearly and effectively in a style that inspires confidence and builds credibility with staff;
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment;
- Analytical ability to draw pertinent conclusions;
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks;
- Ability to maintain achieve operational efficiency and identify and mitigate risks related to administration, risk and security;
- Excellent Negotiation skills;
- Basic accounting skills;
- Good team player.
How to apply
To apply, click on the link and send by 27th May 2019 your application with:
- A comprehensive cover letter
- A comprehensive and clear CV that includes the contact of two of your referees, one of whom should be your current employer.
Pour postuler, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant : jobs.plan-international.org.
Très important : Méfiez vous des arnaques ! Vous ne devez payer, en aucun cas, des sommes d'argent aux recruteurs utilisant la plateforme EmploiDakar.com
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.