Site Philip Morris International
Philip Morris International hiring Process Control Engineer.
Are you ready to bring your career to the next level? Do you want to make a difference in our company and be part of creating something new? If the answer is yes, then we would like to hear from you!
We are looking for a Process Control Engineer for Philip Morris Manufacturing Senegal.
Control all activities related to electric, electronics, equipment process control and connectivity in order to ensure that maintenance, modifications and improvements of the equipment in a scope of responsibility are implemented at the best cost and specified quality, through the data analysis and tool maintenance, thus ensuring the compliance with PMI standards and managing the overall performance towards customer satisfaction.
- Ensure continuous, trouble free operation of automated equipment, including all support systems in accordance with applicable standards and procedures.
- Keep updated and integrate new PMI requirements related to process control, recommend corrective actions and projects to increase productivity, efficiency of materials usage, quality and safety standards.
- Continuously improve process control by developing and implementing new ways of data-driven process optimization
- Optimize process control by implementing proper procedures for adjustments and calibration.
- Identify compatible devices (to replace the obsolete ones) with proper characteristics in order to match the process control requirements.
- Consult with suppliers in order to clarify particular technical questions concerning installations and control devices.
- Analyze the most frequent causes of breakdowns, wastes, out of specs products and recommend corrective actions/solutions in order to contribute to overall productivity and quality improvement in adherence with standards & system Installation and Commissioning
- Coordinate activities related to electric, electronics, equipment process control installation and modification of production equipment.
- Update the technical documentation with the latest modifications or improvements.
- Support all necessary qualification activities following changes or upgrades
- Support adherence to all relevant Computerized Systems validation procedures and rules
- Train and assist users for supervision/operating systems.
- Ensure continuous technical support to production personnel to provide optimum operating conditions of process control & supervision system related to production equipment.
- Provide coaching to other technical specialists.
- Initiate technical development and / or lead / participate in projects in order to improve safety conditions, quality and more effective use of equipment, spare parts and materials.
- Find technical solution, implement and monitor proposed improvements related to equipment.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement process
- Maintain communication within and with relevant departments in order to find the timeliest and cost-effective solutions.
- Coordinate sharing of information about process control, improvement activities, trainings of new methods and other affiliates’ best practices.
Sustainability / Health, Safety and Environment
- Promote and apply all rules concerning PMI Quality, environment, health and safety. Report all situations requiring actions in order to minimize or eliminate risks exposure to personnel, company assets and societal impacts and be in line with or ahead of any applicable Law requirements and Company standards.
Performance Evaluation & Professional Development
- Ensure integral conformity with relevant legislation, internal policies and procedures and achieve the objectives established during the annual performance evaluation process.
- Responsible for the completion of his own individual training plan and compliance with the requirements established in the Qualification Matrix
- Engineering Degree, Automation
- Local Language: Fluent
- English: Fluent
- + 3 years relevant operations experience