UNDP hiring a Programme Associate.
Under the overall guidance of the Regional Representative and the direct supervision of the Regional Coordinator of the Global Firearms programme and the Sahel Programme Coordinator, the Programme Associate will be responsible for all administrative tasks and selected substantive assignments related to the work of the Firearms Global programme and will work collaboratively with the Sahel team and provide 50% of his time to assist the Sahel Coordinator in parallel with ROSEN and UNODC HQ support teams.
Duties and responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Analyze and provide administrative support to the Global Firearms programme and the Sahel programme (50%)
- Contribute to management of the Global firearms programme and Sahel Programme (15%)
- Support the preparation of the Global firearms programme and Sahel Programme and activity documents and reports (15%)
- Support activities related to resource mobilization for the Global Firearms programme and Sahel Programme work in West and Central Africa (10%)
- Facilitate coordination with colleagues in HQ to ensure smooth implementation of activities (10%)
Programme Planning support
- Provide programmatic support in the preparation of work plans, budgets, and funding proposals, including, compilation of comments on the different iterations and finalization;
- Gather, compile and process data and information from countries, donors, Regional Office, and project teams for the preparation of documents in relation to the work of the Section;
Programme Implementation Support
- Gather, compile and process data and information from beneficiary countries, donors, Regional Office, and project teams for the preparation of documents and databases relating to programme management;
- Prepare correspondences, reports (substantive and financial), documents and publications;
- Assist in drafting assessment reports, evaluation reports and research documents;
- Arrange appointments, meetings, trainings and missions including participant’s travel and administrative arrangements; negotiate and secure meeting venues; prepare meeting documents and meeting reports;
- Collect statistics, data and information to be used for substantive monitoring and evaluation;
- Undertake further research activities as required;
- Proactively maintain the activities of the Global Firearms programme while other project staffs are on mission;
Administrative and Financial Management Support
- Support the Coordinators of the two Programmes in the tracking and reporting on activities and resources.
- Monitor on an ongoing basis budgets, allocations and expenditures by grant, and prepare required budget revisions;
- Review Financial Reports;
- Undertake procurement and related financial arrangements in coordination with the Administrative and Finance Unit.
Facilitation of Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
- Maintain effective electronic and hard copy filing systems.
Impact of Results
Timely, professional and accurate support to all activities implemented by the Global firearms programme and Sahel Programme will have an impact on the implementation quality of the UNODC programme. A client-oriented and efficient approach impact on the image of UNODC in the region.
Planning & organizing:
- Ability to develop clear objectives in accordance with agreed upon strategies;
- To identify tasks and activities that have to be dealt with as a matter of priority;
- To adjust priorities if required; to allocate appropriate time and resources to completing tasks;
- To anticipate risks and to adopt corrective measures in the course of planning and executing activities;
- To use time in an effective manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals, solicits input by genuinely valuing new ideas and expertise;
- Willingness to learn from others; place team agenda before personal agenda;
- Support and act in accordance with final group decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position;
- Share credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings;
- Ability to work with a small team of professional staff;
- Flexible approach and willingness to assist with a variety of other tasks;
- Very good communication skills, including the ability to draft policy, studies and communications to various counterparts and to articulate ideas in a clear and concise manner;
- Ability to listen to others, correctly interpreting messages from others and responding appropriately;
- Demonstrating openness in sharing information and keeping people informed;
- Considering all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeking to see things from clients’ point of view;
- Establishing and maintaining productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect;
- Identifying clients’ needs and matching them to appropriate solutions;
- Monitoring ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems;
- Keeping clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meeting timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Qualifications and experience
- Completion of secondary school is required;
- A degree in business, management or public administration (or relevant) corresponding to 4 years or more of post-secondary education is required.
- At least 6 years of experience in administrative, programme and /or management support in an international organization and/or a non-governmental organization and/or the private sector
- Experience in administration and finance in support to technical assistance programmes is required.
- Experience in the field of Firearms control, crime or terrorism is an asset.
- Knowledge of United Nations procedures and rules is an asset
- Working experience with U.N. administration and financial management is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, internet, e-mail) are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French;
Application deadline: 20-Sep-20
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter jobs.undp.org.