Dalberg is hiring a Project manager.
Who are we?
Dalberg Research provides research and analysis that offers clients actionable solutions to their problems. We are a full-service research agency answering questions about markets, consumers and lifestyles across more than 30 countries via quantitative and qualitative studies. We specialize in the inventory, collection, and analysis of primary research data for businesses, NGOs, governments and other institutions. Our services range from survey design to data collection and analysis of findings in both Anglo and Francophone regions. Dalberg Research is part of the global Dalberg Group. We are going through a period of exciting growth and change – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for colleagues who share in our ambition and our mission. We also love learning from each other and are continuously looking for people who bring a new set of experiences and backgrounds to our team.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Project Manager based in Senegal to join our Location Analytics (LOCAN) team. Reporting to the LOCAN Manager, we expect you to be a high-level technical lead tasked with managing projects within the department including coordinating the day-to-day production aspects of assigned projects, planning and monitoring the project, managing any risks, liaising with department management to ensure projects remain within scope, reporting on project deliverables.
You will be an active member of the internal team, contributing to internal knowledge sharing, best practice development and team engagement. While the role will be based in Dakar, Senegal, it is a diverse role and will require frequent interaction and support of our team and clients in global locations. The role may also have some travel requirements. This is a great opportunity to use your existing project management, team leadership and technical skills, while growing your capabilities within a rapidly expanding company.
What will you be doing?
- Lead implementation of LOCAN projects, full cycle in liaison with the LOCAN Manager.
- Design and develop LOCAN proposed analysis to ensure that projects adhere to scope of work, deliverables, and timelines.
- Manage to ensure output quality by implementing exemplary quality control processes through project execution aimed at exceeding customer expectations.
- Maintain transparency by applying documented processes to ensure utmost accountability to client expectations, the highest level of integrity and upholding practice code of ethics throughout project execution.
- Draw data and develop project reports of desired quality by ensuring the application of credible methodology/tools and techniques in all workstreams.
- Manage data and report deliverables to ensure data relevance, quality and documentation throughout the project lifecycle.
- Liaising/working with external business partners and sub-contractors to ensure alignment of project goals and expectation, including timelines and team communication.
- Participate in LOCAN concept development to support competitive proposal development.
- Develop innovative technical solutions to complex problems that require regular use of ingenuity and creativity and apply them to large and small-scale projects in LOCAN.
- Provide leadership, mentoring and direction to the LOCAN technical team. Prepare routine performance evaluations and professional development plans.
- Keep up to date with new technologies and encourage the professional growth and development of staff in LOCAN emerging areas of spatial and information technology.
- Prepare and conduct presentations and represent the team at conferences and meetings.
Minimum qualifications Experience and knowledge management
- Bachelor’s degree with over 4 years’ experience or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Both should either be in Geography, Geomatics, Surveying, GIS or related subjects.
- Proven project management experience; leading and managing a different portfolio of projects. A Project
- Management certification is an added advantage.
- Good research and reporting skills with prior experience in documentation of methodology/process
- Proven advanced knowledge of data science and GIS/geospatial analysis software including ArcGIS, ERDA Imagine, QGIS, R.
- Technical understanding of data and database administration and GIS programming
ICT Savvy with a good command of Microsoft office tools, data handling and processing applications, presentation, and internet
- Excellent command of written and spoken French and English is necessary.
Desired System Knowledge
- ArcGIS Online or Portal to support web apps, story maps, Collector and Survey 123 field data collection projects, and publishing data to the public using Esri Open Data.
- Non-Esri web mapping and data publishing tools including CARTO or Mapbox.
- Technical knowledge of using APIs and database connections for analysis in ArcGIS, ArcPro, CARTO, MS Business Intelligence or BI Pro, and -R.
Skills and key competencies
- Strong problem-solving capabilities, including the desire to take ambiguous problems and deliver creative and well-structured solutions.
- Evidence of writing skills (both past evidence and practical on writing on a topic) and technical writing experience (reports and proposal writing).
- Team supervisory skills: the ability to inspire, direct and review the work of staff with strong technical skills and insights, who are motivated to achieve success on Location Analytics oriented projects.
- Ability to conduct requirements gathering, interpret needs, and design solutions and manage expectations.
- Project management including timeline planning, documentation, personnel and technical resources, stakeholder engagement, QA/QC, and preparation of deliverables.
- Ability to lead team with good organization and problem-solving skills.
- Collaboration skills; ability to adapt quickly between technical and non-technical teams to accomplish shared goals and objectives on time.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to provide clarity to staff, stakeholders, and contractors – all of whom may have very low to very high ranges of technical expertise.
- Well organized, detail oriented, able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and coordinating efforts of different project teams.
- An ability to be discreet, diplomatic, reliable and trustworthy with a thorough, professional approach to work.
- Unquestionable integrity, open inclusivity, culturally aware and respectful – curious and sensitive about the cultures in which we operate.
- You must also be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in and commitment to the field.
As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven to impact the communities and geographies we serve. Our team encompasses professionals with diverse skills. You will learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective. In turn, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our objectives, clients and markets we serve.
How to apply
- This opportunity is in Dakar.
- Please submit your application at our Career Center by April 30, 2021 at 11:59 ET.
- Your application should include a resume and cover letter submitted in English.
- No hard copies of applications will be accepted, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date : 30 April 2021.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter dalberg.hua.hrsmart.com.