The GNDR is hiring a Project Officer (MDS/LLGI).
The Global Network of Civil Society Organisations for Disaster Reduction (GNDR) was established in 2007. Since then GNDR has grown as the largest international network of civil society organisations working to strengthen resilience and reduce risk in communities worldwide. We are more than 1,200 organisations, many of them grassroots and local community groups as well as national, regional and international organisations and networks.
The Project Officer (LLGI), as a member of the secretariat team, is responsible for supporting the implementation of the “Local Leadership for Global Impact” (LLGI) and “Making Displacement Safer” (MDS) projects. LLGI, funded by BMZ, is a large programme operating in over 50 countries. MDS, funded by USAID, has activity taking place in 11 countries and is gearing up for a series of international advocacy events around displacement in the coming years.
Responsibilities include supporting the implementation and coordination of the project; being responsible for monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEAL); supporting project partners, supporting research and fundraising efforts. The role will primarily support the LLGI project with up to 75% of their time, the remainder supporting other projects as allocated by the Project Coordinator.
Overall Scope of the Role
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Project Partners
- Donor Coordination
- External Representation
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Coordination
- Responsible for the ongoing monitoring of project progress, quality, and beneficiary feedback;
- Responsible for collecting information on key deliverables from partners as detailed in their agreements;
- Responsible for regular project learning reviews to identify learning, disseminating to partners and GNDR staff and adopt learning into action plans to improve project implementation;
- Support and participate in project evaluations and assist in the analysis of results;
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and External Communications Coordinator, support dissemination of project-related results and recommendations to the Secretariat, Global Board, membership and external stakeholders.
Support to Project Partners
- Support the due diligence assessments of project partners to assess and monitor compliance to donor and GNDR standards;
- Support the drafting of agreements with project partners.
- Liaise with partners to develop workplans and budgets as detailed in the methodology guidelines;
- Support partners when needed with survey implementation, analysis, feedback and dissemination;
- Support in providing advice and guidance to partners on project implementation;
- Support the development of training materials for partners;
- Support the provision or arranging of training for partners on issues of good practice, donor contract and needs identified in monitoring and compliance visits.
- Assist in producing case studies, video material, website pages etc;
- Assist with GNDR organisational learning and knowledge sharing activities;
- Assist in convening external stakeholders to discuss project findings, developing policy positions and preparing reports;
- Support national and regional advocacy and campaigns associated with the project, with the design of campaign materials and promotion of messages, and social media;
- Support the Fundraising Coordinator and Project Coordinator with providing information and developing new concept notes and project proposals for donor submission;
- Support the Fundraising Coordinator and/or Project Coordinator to advertise, collate and review ‘Expressions of Interest’ from GNDR members who seek responsibility within projects;
- Handle requests for project information, data, and enquiries from internal and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Review and feedback on partner progress reports both narrative and financial;
- Support the Project Coordinator to prepare and disseminate regular activity updates and progress monitor reports, and prepare timely internal, donor, and partner reports;
- Support the Project Coordinator in the preparation of project expenditure reports for submission to donors.
- Support updating work plans and logical frameworks
External Relationships and Representation
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with GNDR staff, global board, membership, advisors, consultants, and volunteers;
- Support the development and maintenance of strong working relationships with GNDR external stakeholders, including governments, UN agencies, peer agencies, academic, media, and institutional donors to further support the implementation of the projects.
- Promote awareness of the project and its results amongst GNDR members, civil society, and relevant government actors in selected countries;
- Support in the organising and participate in international, regional, and national events, seminars, workshops, and conferences as appropriate;
- As required represent GNDR at relevant meetings, working groups, and conferences;
How to apply
To apply for this position all applicants should send a brief cover letter and CV to email@example.com with subject line referencing the role title. Phone/Skype and/or Face-to-Face interviews will be arranged for short-listed candidates on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Closing date: Friday 29th October.
Competitive salary and benefits will be offered based on local market rates for Candidates outside of the UK. No expat benefits are provided.
Only candidates who are eligible to reside and work in locations where GNDR has offices should apply.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2021.